Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vinyl windows in brick veneer

So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:17:56 -0800 (PST), Davej
wrote:

So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

Um let me think ... tap ...tap ...tap!

If the window is installed correctly, the weep holes are on the bottom
of the window.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

Um let me think ... tap ...tap ...tap!

If the window is installed correctly, the weep holes are on the bottom
of the window.

And they drip ONTO the sill (which slopes away from the window) - NOT
behindthe sill -for what wouldappear to be VERY obvious reasons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:17:56 -0800 (PST), Davej galt_57@...
wrote:

So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

Um let me think ... tap ...tap ...tap!

If the window is installed correctly, the weep holes are on the bottom
of the window.

And they drip ONTO the sill (which slopes away from the window) - NOT
behindthe sill -for what wouldappear to be VERY obvious reasons.

To clarify what I am asking -- here is a photo...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35a9...9#.WoIiTnxG3IU
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

Um let me think ... tap ...tap ...tap!

If the window is installed correctly, the weep holes are on the bottom
of the window.

And they drip ONTO the sill (which slopes away from the window) - NOT
behindthe sill -for what wouldappear to be VERY obvious reasons.

To clarify what I am asking -- here is a photo...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35a9...9#.WoIiTnxG3IU

Please post a stand-back wider photo view for some perspective. I see
the "drain" but need more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 6:00:30 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Davej galt_57@... wrote:
On Monday, February 12, 2018, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Davej galt_57@... wrote:

So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

Um let me think ... tap ...tap ...tap!

If the window is installed correctly, the weep holes are on the bottom
of the window.
And they drip ONTO the sill (which slopes away from the window) - NOT
behind the sill -for what would appear to be VERY obvious reasons.

To clarify what I am asking -- here is a photo...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35a9...9#.WoIiTnxG3IU

Please post a stand-back wider photo view for some perspective. I see
the "drain" but need more.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=flyt6x&s=9#.WoNBunxG3IU

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cyo...9#.WoNCK3xG3IU

My feeling is that these windows were not installed correctly. My
feeling is that there should be room for a bead of caulk between
the bottom of the vinyl window and the brick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

Um let me think ... tap ...tap ...tap!

If the window is installed correctly, the weep holes are on the bottom
of the window.

And they drip ONTO the sill (which slopes away from the window) - NOT
behindthe sill -for what wouldappear to be VERY obvious reasons.

To clarify what I am asking -- here is a photo...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35a9...9#.WoIiTnxG3IU

Not bad but I DETEST brick sills - and it should be caulked
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/12/2018 03:17 PM, Davej wrote:
So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

It depends.Â* Do you want to collect condensation or drain it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2018 3:17 PM, Davej wrote:
So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?

If you are north of the equator, you'll prolly want the "drain" holes on the bottom.Â* South of the equator, the sills and windows are reversed.