Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pella Thermastar Vinyl Windows vs. Jeld-Wen Vinyl Windows

My husband and I are looking to replace all of the windows in our
house. We are looking at Home Depot and Lowe's as our options as they
appear to be the most cost saving. We will be using their installation
services as well. This is our dilema:

The main difference we have seen is:

Pella offers a lifetime warranty and a limited labor warranty (only 2
years)
Jeld-Wen offers a lifetime warranty on parts and labor

however:

The Pella including Lowe's installation costs can cost us less $$$,
over $800 worth.

Does anyone have any information regarding either of these brands? Our
goal is to find the best bang for our buck without forcing us to borrow
money or take out a loan. We don't want to be sorry.

Thanks, KAT & PAT

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

There is alot more to windows than warrantys. Go to www.Energystar.gov
Consumer Reports tested 22 windows in an old test it is worth reading.
For example there are 3 types of lowE coatings, depending on your
location and needs, Pella wood rate poorly on Cdf. You really need to
read to learn how to compare windows different ratings.