Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deficit spending

Under the new tax plan we will be increasing the deficit by 15 trillion.
How much is than in $100 bills?
https://imgur.com/gallery/XVRcX
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Under the new tax plan we will be increasing the deficit by 15
trillion. How much is than in $100 bills?
https://imgur.com/gallery/XVRcX

Did you omit a decimal point?

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

Trump just signed a budget busting, deficit ballooning, budget that
increases military and domestic spending by $400 bil over two years.

Right on time. A year after a Republican moves into the White House, the
phony deficit hawks come out of the woodwork. Can sob stories about the
homeless be far behind?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Neill Massello wrote:

trader_4 wrote:

Trump just signed a budget busting, deficit ballooning, budget that
increases military and domestic spending by $400 bil over two years.

Right on time. A year after a Republican moves into the White House,
the phony deficit hawks come out of the woodwork. Can sob stories
about the homeless be far behind?

Neill, it really sucks when others throw your hypocrisy back in your
face, huh?

LOL!

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

I'm a conservative

Yes, people like you are why "conservative" is a dead brand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2018 12:20 PM, Neill Massello wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

I'm a conservative

Yes, people like you are why "conservative" is a dead brand.

The budget was set by congress. Both parties of the swamp agreed to it.
We need more Rand Pauls to beat it down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per trader_4:
Right on time. A year after a Republican moves into the White House, the
phony deficit hawks come out of the woodwork.

A few years ago, there were plenty of Repub deficit hawks - and, being a
fiscal conservative bordering on reactionary, I thought that was a good
thing.

But now that they are in power, it seems like they have "Evolved".... and the
choice has become between Tax-and-Spend Dems and Borrow-and-Spend Repubs.

I don't like it one bit and wonder if it could signal the beginning of the
end for The Nation as a world leader.

--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/10/2018 05:10 PM, trader_4 wrote:
nd where was big mouth Trump on all this? Where was the talk in the
state of the union about deficits, about controlling spending, about
the national debt? Where was Trump when the Congress was considering
the budget? Did Trump tweet about the need for less spending? Get his
trumpets to call their congressmen and senators? The only thing we
heard from Trump is that when the deficit bloating spending bill was
up for a vote, he said everyone, Democrats and GOP must vote for it.

Not all spending is the same.

Building new roads and bridges etc is desirable spending.

Giving the taxpayers hard-earned dollars to some unwed mother with 3 kids because she's too stupid to keep her legs together is bad spending.

Get it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2018 6:55 PM, Bob wrote:
On 02/10/2018 05:10 PM, trader_4 wrote:
nd where was big mouth Trump on all this?Â*Â* Where was the talk in the
state of the union about deficits, about controlling spending, about
the national debt?Â*Â* Where was Trump when the Congress was considering
the budget?Â*Â* Did Trump tweet about the need for less spending?Â* Get his
trumpets to call their congressmen and senators?Â*Â* The only thing we
heard from Trump is that when the deficit bloating spending bill was
up for a vote, he said everyone, Democrats and GOP must vote for it.

Not all spending is the same.

Building new roads and bridges etc is desirable spending.

Giving the taxpayers hard-earned dollars to some unwed mother with 3
kids because she's too stupid to keep her legs together is bad spending.

Get it?

Very true. Our traitors hero spent a trillion on infrastructure which
built nada.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/10/2018 04:55 PM, Bob wrote:
On 02/10/2018 05:10 PM, trader_4 wrote:
nd where was big mouth Trump on all this? Where was the talk in the
state of the union about deficits, about controlling spending, about
the national debt? Where was Trump when the Congress was considering
the budget? Did Trump tweet about the need for less spending? Get his
trumpets to call their congressmen and senators? The only thing we
heard from Trump is that when the deficit bloating spending bill was
up for a vote, he said everyone, Democrats and GOP must vote for it.

Not all spending is the same.

Building new roads and bridges etc is desirable spending.

Giving the taxpayers hard-earned dollars to some unwed mother with 3
kids because she's too stupid to keep her legs together is bad spending.

Get it?

How about giving the real big bucks to Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Bath
Iron Works and the rest of the usual suspects for stuff that doesn't work?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 5:02:45 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per trader_4:
Right on time. A year after a Republican moves into the White House, the
phony deficit hawks come out of the woodwork.

A few years ago, there were plenty of Repub deficit hawks - and, being a
fiscal conservative bordering on reactionary, I thought that was a good
thing.

But now that they are in power, it seems like they have "Evolved".... and the
choice has become between Tax-and-Spend Dems and Borrow-and-Spend Repubs.

I don't like it one bit and wonder if it could signal the beginning of the
end for The Nation as a world leader.

--
Pete Cresswell

I share your concern. Margaret Thatcher warned that this is like a one way
ratchet. When the libs are in power they expand spending on all these
programs. When conservatives are in power, the most they can do is hold
it back, but never reverse it. And as we both agree, the vast majority
of the GOP isn't even doing that.

And what really burns me up, is we wound up with nutty Trump because
these alleged conservatives insisted he was the only one they could
trust, who would not cave to the Democrats. That Rubio, Cruz, Walker,
etc would betray them, go Rino. Yet that is exactly what
Trump just did. Can you imagine what they would be saying if say
KAsich or Bush just did this, with Ryan and McConnell? The trumpets
would be howling that they are not conservatives, that they just sold
them out.

Even during the campaign, Trump hardly said a word about
deficits and debt. What little he did say was incorrect or stupid.
He said that we could continue to borrow, then renegotiate with our
bond holders to pay at less than full value. He said if interest
rates rise, we could refinance the debt. The latter was one of the
stupidest things he's ever said, shocking for someone who went to
Wharton and is in real estate. So, what just happened is no surprise
to me. If any other GOP did it, why to those trumpets they'd be a no
good Rino. But Trump, he's special, there are no rules. It's simply
all hail Dear Leader!
Posted to alt.home.repair

(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

Per trader_4:
Right on time. A year after a Republican moves into the White House, the
phony deficit hawks come out of the woodwork.

A few years ago, there were plenty of Repub deficit hawks - and, being a
fiscal conservative bordering on reactionary, I thought that was a good
thing.

But now that they are in power, it seems like they have "Evolved".... and the
choice has become between Tax-and-Spend Dems and Borrow-and-Spend Repubs.

I don't like it one bit and wonder if it could signal the beginning of the
end for The Nation as a world leader.

I don't know about the beginning of the end; I won't be around to see
that... I am afraid that both parties haven't cared for the taxpayers for
many years. I suppose only if a Libertarian type party is elected will it be
addressed, let alone solved.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 2:42:10 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

It will be addressed when it results in a calamity, exactly how far off
that is, no one knows for sure. But we are approaching debt levels not
seen since WWII. And that's just the official budget amounts, if you add
in unfunded liabilities, it;s much worse.

Which again is another reason why I cannot and will not support Dear
Leader Trump. Not one word about arguably the largest threat facing
the country and he just signed a bill with $400 bil in new spending
that will give us $1 tril deficits again next year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:00:47 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

If Trump was the first guy I would be more upset but "new boss same as
the old boss" for at least 35 years when it comes to racking up debt.
Tax cuts and increased spending are the drug of the masses and I have
not seen anyone with the cure.
That "Alexander Tyler" quote, of dubious lineage, still rings true

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters
discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public
treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who
promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result
that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy,
which is always followed by a dictatorship."

The only open question with the US is, how devastating the civil war
will before the dictator steps in to stop it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per rbowman:
if there is any doubt the mediocre select the mediocre for their
representatives, consider Congress. Intelligence, statesmanship, and
good taste are sadly lacking in both parties.

For me, it keeps coming back to the fact that the median IQ is 100.

I can't challenge the sages who say sex is the original sin, but I *can*
opine that stupidity is right up there vying with ignorance for #2.
--
Pete Cresswell