Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deficit spending

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:00:47 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 2:42:10 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

Per trader_4:
Right on time. A year after a Republican moves into the White House, the
phony deficit hawks come out of the woodwork.

A few years ago, there were plenty of Repub deficit hawks - and, being a
fiscal conservative bordering on reactionary, I thought that was a good
thing.

But now that they are in power, it seems like they have "Evolved".... and the
choice has become between Tax-and-Spend Dems and Borrow-and-Spend Repubs.

I don't like it one bit and wonder if it could signal the beginning of the
end for The Nation as a world leader.

I don't know about the beginning of the end; I won't be around to see
that... I am afraid that both parties haven't cared for the taxpayers for
many years. I suppose only if a Libertarian type party is elected will it be
addressed, let alone solved.

--
Tekkie

It will be addressed when it results in a calamity, exactly how far off
that is, no one knows for sure. But we are approaching debt levels not
seen since WWII. And that's just the official budget amounts, if you add
in unfunded liabilities, it;s much worse.

Which again is another reason why I cannot and will not support Dear
Leader Trump. Not one word about arguably the largest threat facing
the country and he just signed a bill with $400 bil in new spending
that will give us $1 tril deficits again next year.

If Trump was the first guy I would be more upset but "new boss same as
the old boss" for at least 35 years when it comes to racking up debt.
Tax cuts and increased spending are the drug of the masses and I have
not seen anyone with the cure.
That "Alexander Tyler" quote, of dubious lineage, still rings true

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters
discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public
treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who
promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result
that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy,
which is always followed by a dictatorship."

The only open question with the US is, how devastating the civil war
will before the dictator steps in to stop it.