Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The irony

It's ironic that with the UK being so anti gun that we are the 2nd
biggest arms dealer in the world :-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7225351.html
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/15/2018 12:11 AM, Bod wrote:
It's ironic that with the UK being so anti gun that we are the 2nd
biggest arms dealer in the world :-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7225351.html

Your Gov want your to be subjects and unable to fight
back against them.

Here is one of Britain's finest weapons:

Enfield L85A1: Perhaps the Worst Modern Military Rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDCRop6CRwY

Hint: buy Germany and American arms.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/15/2018 01:11 AM, Bod wrote:
It's ironic that with the UK being so anti gun that we are the 2nd
biggest arms dealer in the world :-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7225351.html

Irony isn't the word you were looking for:

€śThese terrible figures expose the hypocrisy at the heart of UK foreign
policy. The government is always telling us that it acts to promote
human rights and democracy, but it is arming and supporting some of the
most repressive regimes in the world. The impact of UK arms sales is
clear in Yemen, where British fighter jets and bombs have been central
to the Saudi-led destruction,€ť

You can climb off your high horse any time now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15/01/2018 17:02, rbowman wrote:
On 01/15/2018 01:11 AM, Bod wrote:
It's ironic that with the UK being so anti gun that we are the 2nd
biggest arms dealer in the world :-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7225351.html

Irony isn't the word you were looking for:

€śThese terrible figures expose the hypocrisy at the heart of UK foreign
policy. The government is always telling us that it acts to promote
human rights and democracy, but it is arming and supporting some of the
most repressive regimes in the world. The impact of UK arms sales is
clear in Yemen, where British fighter jets and bombs have been central
to the Saudi-led destruction,€ť

You can climb off your high horse any time now.

What high horse. I was obviously just pointing out the irony.

Here's who buys the most weapons from the U.S. - CNNPolitics

edition.cnn.com/2016/05/24/politics/us-arms-sales-worldwide/index.html
25 May 2016 - The U.S. is responsible for nearly 33% of worldwide
exports -- by far the top arms exporter on the planet -- but which
countries does the U.S. sell the most weapons to? Saudi Arabia was the
top recipient of American-made arms from 2011-2015, followed closely by
the United Arab Emirates, according to ...

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/15/2018 10:12 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

We only sell the best toys to Israel though. It's called qualitative
military edge.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/p...-need-for-a-co

The Saudis just get the second shelf stuff.

The real difference is the US also allows civilians to buy all the
weaponry they desire, up to a point. I don't know why they don't let us
buy Stingers.

Oh ... the irony Pat Home Repair 1 May 12th 09 02:30 PM
Oh, the irony of it.. The Natural Philosopher UK diy 38 February 10th 08 01:08 AM
Ah, the irony or Zen of Norm [email protected] Woodworking 18 July 12th 07 05:29 PM
Irony ... but Happy Birthday anyhow. Swingman Woodworking 18 July 3rd 05 04:28 PM
Semi OT : A bit of metalworking irony [email protected] Metalworking 3 January 3rd 05 06:52 PM