Posted to alt.home.repair

Default is there a replacement for copper pipe in hot water heating loop?

We've got baseboard hot water heating fed by a boiler.

There are a half dozen zones which have copper pipes going
to and from Slantfin, umm, I guess call them radiators.

One copper loop goes from the basement through two PVC
pipes (to and from...) over to the garage where there's
a small bathroom. These run under about five feet
of concrete slab to the bathroom, then come up and
connect to the Slantfins.

"somewhere" in that segment we just got a leak which
poured back through the PVC pipe into the basement. We
caught it before it was too bad andshut off that zone.

Now... replacing the copper there would be a Big Pain
since it's under the cement slab.

Is there a flezible plastic alternative that we (well,
the plumber...) could legitimately replace it with? Running
plastic through that PVC and attaching it to the garage
bathroom Slantfins would be much, much, easier than
trying to rerun copper and somehow resolder it at
all the turns.

Thanks muchly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
boB boB is offline

On 01/08/2018 03:47 AM, danny burstein wrote:
Is there a flezible plastic alternative that we (well,
the plumber...) could legitimately replace it with? Running
plastic through that PVC and attaching it to the garage
bathroom Slantfins would be much, much, easier than
trying to rerun copper and somehow resolder it at
all the turns.

Thanks muchly.

Your plumber is very fortunate to have a customer that can help engineer a repair.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2018 3:47 AM, danny burstein wrote:
[...]

PEX pipe.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Plum...FYueyAodzGoEvw

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

PEX tubing and Sharkbite fittings to connect the plastic to the copper.

Copper should never be buried in concrete. Takes years, but it will leak.

Posted to alt.home.repair

danny burstein wrote:

[...]

PEX tubing is what you are looking for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-linked_polyethylene

You are still going to have to deal with extracting the copper pipe
from the PVC. If you can easily remove the copper, then the PEX might
solve your problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dove Tail wrote:

danny burstein wrote:

[...]

Another thought, ask the plumber if he can just use the PVC sleeve in
which the copper is encased.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 12:03:48 PM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
That was already said..no help.

Yet another lie that's very obvious. Everyone can look at the timeline.
I was the first person to recommend PEX.
And here you are *again* just making nasty remarks in an actual home
repair thread, without offering anything on the topic at all. You
really should stick to Russian trolling.

"trader_4" wrote in message
:
: PEX

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 1:30:26 PM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Liar...Meanie was 1.5 hours before you...no help..

Anybody else here see a post from Meanie in this thread? It's not
showing up on Google Groups, I don't see it. Is BTJ telling the truth
or not?
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 1:30:26 PM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Liar...Meanie was 1.5 hours before you...no help..

Anybody else here see a post from Meanie in this thread? It's not
showing up on Google Groups, I don't see it. Is BTJ telling the truth
or not?

Yes, it is the

Propagation between the different Usenet servers has been lagging since
yesterday.

Regardless, there was nothing inappropriate about your reply. The only
thing that is inappropriate is anyone engaging with the troll, Burford.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2018 12:45 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 1:30:26 PM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Liar...Meanie was 1.5 hours before you...no help..

Anybody else here see a post from Meanie in this thread? It's not
showing up on Google Groups, I don't see it. Is BTJ telling the truth
or not?

Â* Meanie posted the same advice at 6:08 AM . Your post showed up at
7:27 AM .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/18 12:29 PM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
****ing google grouper libtard moron...

Rent a 10 year old to set up a news reader for you

LMAO!!!!

why are you so fascinated with young boys?

"trader_4" wrote in message
: On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 1:30:26 PM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
: Liar...Meanie was 1.5 hours before you...no help..
:
:
: Anybody else here see a post from Meanie in this thread? It's not
: showing up on Google Groups, I don't see it. Is BTJ telling the truth
: or not?

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4

wrote:
Liar...Meanie was 1.5 hours before you...no help..

Anybody else here see a post from Meanie in this thread? It's not
showing up on Google Groups, I don't see it. Is BTJ telling the
truth or not?

Yep

MID:

Posted at 07:08am

--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he