Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default is there a replacement for copper pipe in hot water heating loop?

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 3:47:37 AM UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:
We've got baseboard hot water heating fed by a boiler.

There are a half dozen zones which have copper pipes going
to and from Slantfin, umm, I guess call them radiators.

One copper loop goes from the basement through two PVC
pipes (to and from...) over to the garage where there's
a small bathroom. These run under about five feet
of concrete slab to the bathroom, then come up and
connect to the Slantfins.

"somewhere" in that segment we just got a leak which
poured back through the PVC pipe into the basement. We
caught it before it was too bad andshut off that zone.

Now... replacing the copper there would be a Big Pain
since it's under the cement slab.

Is there a flezible plastic alternative that we (well,
the plumber...) could legitimately replace it with? Running
plastic through that PVC and attaching it to the garage
bathroom Slantfins would be much, much, easier than
trying to rerun copper and somehow resolder it at
all the turns.

Thanks muchly.

PEX