Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water in refrigerator

Hi All,

Well, I did not think this was going to happen, but this is
actually On Topic! No Roast Beef involved at all!

First off, there is no external water connection
to my freezer. I deliberately did not use it.

Our Whirlpool GR2SHKXKQ00 frost free refrigerator (bottom) /
freezer (top) has started dripping water into the top shelves
of the refrigerator.

The drip is coming from the air gap where cold
air is blown into the refrigerator from the freezer.

Is there some kind of drain tube that may be clogged?
If so, how do I get at it?

Any words of wisdom?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2018 3:15 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Well, I did not think this was going to happen, but this is
actually On Topic!Â* No Roast Beef involved at all!

First off, there is no external water connection
to my freezer.Â* I deliberately did not use it.

Our Whirlpool GR2SHKXKQ00 frost free refrigerator (bottom) /
freezer (top) has started dripping water into the top shelves
of the refrigerator.

The drip is coming from the air gap where cold
air is blown into the refrigerator from the freezer.

Is there some kind of drain tube that may be clogged?
If so, how do I get at it?

Any words of wisdom?

Many thanks,
-T

You may find the diagram on www.repairclinic.com Sounds like it is not
draining on defrost and yes, you may be correct that there is a
blockage. There are usually a couple of screws and maybe unsnap, but
that is a guess as I can't see it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2018 12:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/5/2018 3:15 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Well, I did not think this was going to happen, but this is
actually On Topic!Â* No Roast Beef involved at all!

First off, there is no external water connection
to my freezer.Â* I deliberately did not use it.

Our Whirlpool GR2SHKXKQ00 frost free refrigerator (bottom) /
freezer (top) has started dripping water into the top shelves
of the refrigerator.

The drip is coming from the air gap where cold
air is blown into the refrigerator from the freezer.

Is there some kind of drain tube that may be clogged?
If so, how do I get at it?

Any words of wisdom?

Many thanks,
-T

You may find the diagram on www.repairclinic.comÂ* Sounds like it is not
draining on defrost and yes, you may be correct that there is a
blockage.Â* There are usually a couple of screws and maybe unsnap, but
that is a guess as I can't see it.

Thank you. A great place to start.

Repair clinic's web site is down (verified with their chat),
so I will have to try later.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2018 3:15 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Thank you.Â* A great place to start.

Repair clinic's web site is down (verified with their chat),
so I will have to try later.

I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASR3sAYUOKM

Maybe ...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2018 3:15 PM, T wrote:
[...]

In the mean time search them on Youtube. www.repaiclinic.com is the go
to place. BTDT

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2018 3:15 PM, T wrote:
[...]

This look even better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-8Hnhk4b0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2018 12:43 PM, T wrote:

Oren,

Would you please resend? I got a blank page.

Thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2018 3:15 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Okay, after repairing my folder, it came through
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 13:24:51 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/05/2018 12:43 PM, T wrote:

Oren,

Would you please resend? I got a blank page.

Thanks,
-T

https://www.youtube.com/user/RepairClinic

Click the magnifying glass and search their single channel with key
works. Or the video tab and have a look.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
:

On 1/5/2018 3:15 PM, T wrote:
[...]

You mispelled the link. There is a repaiclinic.com, but clicking on the
link you provide will get you a phony Windows alert that you are infected
with malware stealing your passwords, etc. , which keeps talking at you
very annoyingly. A taskmanager 'end task' doesn't shut it down. For me,
only a (orderly) power shut down worked.