Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - funny obit

Cleaning up files I found this one which I thought I'd pass on.
It is for real, as published.

Walter G. Bruhl, Jr.
Born in Philadelphia, PA on Apr. 20, 1933
Departed on Mar. 9, 2014 and resided in Newark, DE.

Walter George Bruhl Jr. of Newark and Dewey Beach DE is a dead person,
he is no more, he is bereft of life, he is deceased, he has wrung down
the curtain and gone to join the choir invisible, he has expired and
gone to meet his maker.

He drifted off this mortal coil on March 9, 2014 in Punta Gorda,
Florida. His spirit was released from his worn out shell of a body and
is now exploring the universe.

He was surrounded by his loving wife of 57 years, Helene Sellers Bruhl,
who will now be able to purchase the mink coat which he had always
refused her because he believed only minks should wear mink. He is also
survived by his son Walter III, wife Melissa, daughters Carly and Paige
and son Martin, wife Debra, son Sam and daughter Kalla. Walt loved and
enjoyed his grandkids.

Walt was preceded in death by his tonsils and adenoids in 1935 , a
spinal disc in 1974, a large piece of his thyroid gland in 1988, and his
prostate on March 27th 2000.

He was born in Phila. PA. on April 20th 1933 at 10:38 PM and weighed in
at a healthy 7lbs. 4oz. and was 22" long, to Blanche Buckman Bruhl and
Walter George Bruhl.

He drifted through the Philadelphia Public School System from 1937
through 1951, graduating, to his mother's great relief, from John
Bartram High School in June of 1951.

Walter was a Marine Corps Veteran of the Korean War having served from
October of 1951 to September of 1954, with overseas duty in Japan from
June of 1953 till August of 1954. He attained the rank of Sergeant. He
chose this path because of Hollywood propaganda, to which he succumbed
as a child during WW II, and his cousin Ella who joined the corps in 1943.

He served an electronics apprenticeship at the Phila. Naval Yard from
1956 till 1961, operated Atlantic Automotive Service Stations in
Wilmington during 1961 and 1962 and was employed by the late great
DuPont Co. from 1962 thru 1993 ( very few people who knew him would say
he worked for DuPont, and he always claimed he had only been been hired
to fill a position).

He started at the Chestnut Run Site as a flunky in the weave area of the
Textile Fibers Dept., and then was promoted to research assistant, where
he stayed from 1963 thru 1972.

In 1972 he accepted a position as an equipment service representative
with the Photo Products Dept. at the old DuPont Airport Site (now Barley
Mill Plaza).

In 1973 he was promoted to Manufacturing Engineering Technologist and
was employed in that capacity until, after 31 years with The Co., he was
given a fine anniversary dinner and a token gift and then 'downsized' in
Dec. of 1993. He was rehired as a contract employee in June of 1994,
doing the same job that he had been 'downsized' from, and stayed until
July of 1995.

He started his own contract business and worked at Litho Tech Ltd. from
1996 till 1999.

There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honor his request to
have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels
in his hand so that he would appear natural to visitors.

Cremation will take place at the families convenience and his ashes will
be kept in an urn until they get tired of having it around. What's a
Grecian Urn? Oh, about 200 drachmas a week.

Everyone who remembers him is asked to celebrate Walt's life in their
own way,. raising a glass of their favorite drink in his memory would be
quite appropriate.

Instead of flowers, Walt would hope that you will do an unexpected and
unsolicited act of kindness for some poor unfortunate soul in his name.

A memorial luncheon in Walt's honor will be held on Saturday, March 15,
2014 at 1PM at Deerfield, Newark, DE.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 2:35 PM, Frank wrote:
Cleaning up files I found this one which I thought I'd pass on.
It is for real, as published.

Walter G. Bruhl, Jr.
Born in Philadelphia, PA on Apr. 20, 1933
Departed on Mar. 9, 2014 and resided in Newark, DE.

There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honor his request to
have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels
in his hand so that he would appear natural to visitors.

Cremation will take place at the families convenience and his ashes will
be kept in an urn until they get tired of having it around. What's a
Grecian Urn? Oh, about 200 drachmas a week.

Thanks for that...my own obit should read like that

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:35:51 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Walt was preceded in death by his tonsils and adenoids in 1935 , a
spinal disc in 1974, a large piece of his thyroid gland in 1988, and his
prostate on March 27th 2000.

Thanks Frank. That right there is funny. Death is / should be a
celebration. The family writing the obit has some humor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 1:35:59 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
[...]

A few days ago the 90 year old mother of my friend Stinky passed away while he and his sister were talking to her. He and his sister promised their parents that they would never put them in a nursing home. His father lost his battle with cancer some years ago and died at home in his own bed. My friend's children and grandchildren were at the house for Chrismas to see his 90 year old mother for the last time. I suppose that's the way it should be. You go out surrounded by family. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 13:53:41 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:35:51 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Walt was preceded in death by his tonsils and adenoids in 1935 , a
spinal disc in 1974, a large piece of his thyroid gland in 1988, and his
prostate on March 27th 2000.

Thanks Frank. That right there is funny. Death is / should be a
celebration. The family writing the obit has some humor.

Or he may have written it himself in anticipation of his death.
Becoming much more common today,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 05:34 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
A few days ago the 90 year old mother of my friend Stinky passed away while he and his sister were talking to her. He and his sister promised their parents that they would never put them in a nursing home. His father lost his battle with cancer some years ago and died at home in his own bed. My friend's children and grandchildren were at the house for Chrismas to see his 90 year old mother for the last time. I suppose that's the way it should be. You go out surrounded by family. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep...not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 4:51:18 PM UTC-6, Will Rogers wrote:
On 12/31/2017 05:34 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
A few days ago the 90 year old mother of my friend Stinky passed away while he and his sister were talking to her. He and his sister promised their parents that they would never put them in a nursing home. His father lost his battle with cancer some years ago and died at home in his own bed. My friend's children and grandchildren were at the house for Chrismas to see his 90 year old mother for the last time. I suppose that's the way it should be. You go out surrounded by family. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep...not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Let's hope you die soon so I can joke about it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hopeful Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2018 12:02 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 4:51:18 PM UTC-6, Will Rogers wrote:
On 12/31/2017 05:34 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
A few days ago the 90 year old mother of my friend Stinky passed away while he and his sister were talking to her. He and his sister promised their parents that they would never put them in a nursing home. His father lost his battle with cancer some years ago and died at home in his own bed. My friend's children and grandchildren were at the house for Chrismas to see his 90 year old mother for the last time. I suppose that's the way it should be. You go out surrounded by family. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep...not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Let's hope you die soon so I can joke about it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hopeful Monster

Why is Uncle Serious Monster posting serious stuff in a thread titled "OT - funny obit"?Â* Are you having your period?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 11:21:10 AM UTC-6, Juan Doe wrote:
[...]

No you silly nymshifter, I'm having a semicolon. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fart Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

[...]

IDK Unc, I think when one rolls snake eyes we are all alone no matter whom
is there. I am not testing it.

I don't know if I even want an obituary...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2018 2:49 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

hey - you still alive? Jeez, I thought you were dead!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 17:49:53 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

I don't know if I even want an obituary...

Merle Haggard sang about dying and rotting along some high line pole.

Willy says; roll me up and smoke me.

Keith Richards said he snorted ashes of his father. Brit's are
strange, ya know.

Wright an obituary, a good thing, for later genealogy research.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2018 12:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Good, let's hope Uncle Fartin' Menstruatin' Monster will die soon so we can joke about it. ^_^

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 7:08:31 PM UTC-6, Anonymous wrote:
[...]

Hopefully, you'll die anonymously in the hole you crawled out of so that you're rotting corpse is never found. The maggots would love you because you are one of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair
LOL LOL is offline

On 01/02/2018 08:08 PM, Anonymous wrote:
[...]

Uncle Fartin' Menstruatin' Monster is not dead, he just smells like it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 3:38:03 AM UTC-6, LOL wrote:
[...]

Of course, I small. Whenever I fart people howl,"What the hell just died up in here?!!" ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Farting Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/2018 8:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

You're a prince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XapPSEZYUf0
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxed and Spent posted for all of us...

[...]

Yeah still fart'n around...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 2:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/31/2017 2:35 PM, Frank wrote:
Cleaning up files I found this one which I thought I'd pass on.
It is for real, as published.

Walter G. Bruhl, Jr.
Born in Philadelphia, PA on Apr. 20, 1933
Departed on Mar. 9, 2014 and resided in Newark, DE.

There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honor his request to
have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels
in his hand so that he would appear natural to visitors.

Cremation will take place at the families convenience and his ashes will
be kept in an urn until they get tired of having it around. What's a
Grecian Urn? Oh, about 200 drachmas a week.

Thanks for that...my own obit should read like that

It was like a Monte Python skit!