Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 00:52:45 -0700 (PDT),
trader_4 wrote:

The part that saw that you didn't stop there, you went on to cite
pure opinion pieces one after the other, as if they were gospel.
Including totally stupid ones that claim that *all noise* from loud
pipes goes rearward, not forward. You think that because someone posts
something on a website, that it;s automatically meaningful, even when
it contains total discrediting stupidity like the above.

I apologize if I backed up what I said with too many references.

If you can find a reference that proves that "loud pipes save lives", then
I will read it as a courtesy to you.

Since I couldn't find such a reference, I had to make do with the dozen
references that I found which stated otherwise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2017 7:06 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/20/2017 06:14 PM, Mad Roger wrote:
You can read them, but I skimmed them, with the result being it's a myth.

No argument. When you ride the best approach is to consider your fellow
motorists to be utter assholes who, if not outright homicidal, do not
see or hear bikes.

Loud pipes have one good use. When you're stopped at a light next to
some soccer mom yapping on her cell phone revving it up to 5000 rpm
might ruin her conversation for a bit.

Don't forget the special benefit the hundreds of people within a few
hundred yards of the motorcycle's path get, when they are awakened when
the bike goes by as they sleep.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/20/2017 09:04 PM, Mad Roger wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:43:54 -0700 (PDT),
trader_4 wrote:

Like I said, you don't understand the difference between an actual
study and opinion pieces. You take anything anyone puts up on a
website as "data", even when it's obviously just opinion. Yet when
someone takes the time to explain the physics of something to you,
like I did with that whole endless BS about torque and work/energy,
you just ignore it, don't even comment on it and it's off to the next
internet fluff piece, which you treat as gospel.

What part of your brain didn't get the two direct quotes that clearly
stated that there are no scientifically objective studies to be found?

trader_4 is a trader of very little brain. I filtered him out long ago
and only see his babbling when someone else replies to him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

Like I said, you don't understand the difference between an actual
study and opinion pieces. You take anything anyone puts up on a
website as "data", even when it's obviously just opinion. Yet when
someone takes the time to explain the physics of something to you,
like I did with that whole endless BS about torque and work/energy,
you just ignore it, don't even comment on it and it's off to the next
internet fluff piece, which you treat as gospel.

What part of your brain didn't get the two direct quotes that clearly
stated that there are no scientifically objective studies to be found?

trader_4 is a trader of very little brain. I filtered him out long ago
and only see his babbling when someone else replies to him.

Whatever I am, at least I'm not a racist like you and Uncle. Enjoy your
new friend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 is a trader of very little brain. I filtered him out long ago and
only see his babbling when someone else replies to him.

Only pussies use kill filters. Real men ignore stupid comments.

Fragile, snowflake, pussies kill filter people they disagree with.

Welcome to Montana, where the men are men and the sheep are scared.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/21/2017 08:37 AM, Archer wrote:
trader_4 is a trader of very little brain. I filtered him out long ago
and only see his babbling when someone else replies to him.

Only pussies use kill filters. Real men ignore stupid comments.

Fragile, snowflake, pussies kill filter people they disagree with.

Welcome to Montana, where the men are men and the sheep are scared.....

No, that's Idaho where the sheep are nervous...

https://thinkprogress.org/better-kno...t-792924ce0385

" 1. Rehberg proudly pranked a fellow Congressman with a gay-mocking
€œIdaho Travel Package.€ In 2008, after Idahos Sen. Larry Craig (R)
plead guilty to lewd conduct involving a male police officer in a
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport restroom, Rehberg decided to
leave a care-package for Rep. Mike Simpson (R-ID). On a congressional
trip to the Middle East, Rehberg reportedly left €œa stuffed sheep with
gloves attached to it, a Village People CD, books on cross-dressing and
sign language and a T-shirt that reads, €˜My senator may not be gay, but
my governor is Butch.€ The governor of Idahos name is C.L. €œButch€
Otter. A spokesman claimed €œno offense was intended,€ Rehberg boasted
that he was proud of the travel package and €œspent a bit of time putting
the things together.€