Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I messed up. Now I need to screw into particle board.

"Gene Yuss" wrote in message
On 7/6/2017 7:14 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Stormin' Norman" wrote in message

Or, he could buy neither and fix it by cutting off some more then
gluing/screwing a piece of hardwood to it thereby returning it to its
former
glory at virtually zero cost.

What would he screw it to? The masonite or the particle board?

What masonite? The screws would go into the particle board to hold the
new
piece of hardwood while the glue dries..

By now I think the OP has figured out that she can just use some 2-1/2"
long #8 screws to fasten the rollers to the top of the door.

Yes, he could do that but the rollers wouldn't stay fastened very long.
Running the screws into epoxy filled holes would help but is still less than
a great solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Exchange it.