Posted to alt.home.repair

Default the paint is starting to burn on the inside of my microwave

The paint on the inside of my microwave oven is starting to burn.
I am getting lots of brown spots.

Do I care? Smells a little electrical after a long cook.
Posted to alt.home.repair

T news 03:25:08 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

The paint on the inside of my microwave oven is starting to burn.
I am getting lots of brown spots.

Do I care? Smells a little electrical after a long cook.

Er...How long is a long cook?

I'd recommend you keep an eye on it as it cooks for you. And, in the
event it smokes or catches fire outside of the cooking area, UNPLUG it
before you attempt to do anything else with it. I know that should be
common knowledge, but, you wouldn't believe how many people I've
encountered who've been shocked and/or badly burnt for attempting to
put an electrical fire out without cutting the power first.

If you can't unplug it in a hurry, make sure you can get to the breaker
box quickly and know which breaker it is that runs it. In fact, it
probably wouldn't hurt to find out which one it is ahead of time. And,
mark it accordingly.

What if it was the Warren Commission who killed JFK?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/01/2017 01:57 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 03:25:08 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

The paint on the inside of my microwave oven is starting to burn.
I am getting lots of brown spots.

Do I care? Smells a little electrical after a long cook.

Er...How long is a long cook?

9 minutes

I'd recommend you keep an eye on it as it cooks for you. And, in the
event it smokes or catches fire outside of the cooking area, UNPLUG it
before you attempt to do anything else with it. I know that should be
common knowledge, but, you wouldn't believe how many people I've
encountered who've been shocked and/or badly burnt for attempting to
put an electrical fire out without cutting the power first.

If you can't unplug it in a hurry, make sure you can get to the breaker
box quickly and know which breaker it is that runs it. In fact, it
probably wouldn't hurt to find out which one it is ahead of time. And,
mark it accordingly.

Though of that already. I turned the outlet it plugs into,
into a switched outlet. I even flip if off at night as
there are reports of microwave flaming out when you are not
around to watch them. Cheap Chinese Crap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T news 2017 21:35:14 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Though of that already. I turned the outlet it plugs into,
into a switched outlet.

Sweet. I've done that for a few circuits I run here...

I even flip if off at night as there are reports of microwave flaming
out when you are not around to watch them. Cheap Chinese Crap.

Yep. Sadly, I've seen this happen. While I can't be certain, I have
seen a few cases (autopsy) of the smaller transformer burning up that
runs the circuit board. It heats up enough to smoke and/or catch fire,
but the condition isn't a short circuit or heavy pull, so the safety
fuse doesn't pop. When I tore one of them apart, it looked to me
like the secondary windings had been failing for awhile and finally
enough insulation was gone that it turned into a small heating element
and burnt up the surrounding plastic. Not sure why it didn't screw the
primary winding enough to cause a short that should have blown the
fuse, but, it didn't. May have had the issue been left unattended long
enough, but, by then a risk of an actual fire was increasing...

This isn't right. This isn't even wrong.--Wolfgang Pauli
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2017 09:31 PM, Diesel wrote:
[...]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10
years would be nice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T news 2017 07:28:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10
years would be nice.

I used too, some years ago. But, not anymore. If you get two/three
years out of one that's used a lot, you're doing good. Stuff is made
cheap and intended to be disposable now.

You are the only person I know that has ever had a brain tumour removed
from their arse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/04/2017 07:58 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 2017 07:28:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10
years would be nice.

I used too, some years ago. But, not anymore. If you get two/three
years out of one that's used a lot, you're doing good. Stuff is made
cheap and intended to be disposable now.

I have a saying in my business that I do not follow:

The memory of the joy over the low price long outlasts
the memory of the anger over the poor quality

Fortunately, I have a lot of customer's that don't follow
that either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2017 1:38 PM, T wrote:
On 07/04/2017 07:58 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 2017 07:28:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10
years would be nice.

I used too, some years ago. But, not anymore. If you get two/three
years out of one that's used a lot, you're doing good. Stuff is made
cheap and intended to be disposable now.

I have a saying in my business that I do not follow:

The memory of the joy over the low price long outlasts
the memory of the anger over the poor quality

Fortunately, I have a lot of customer's that don't follow
that either.

Watching thread, I wonder if it is just rust spots. We get them from
too much moisture accumulating. Harmless but annoying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

T news 2017 17:38:32 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 07/04/2017 07:58 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 2017 07:28:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10 years would
be nice.

I used too, some years ago. But, not anymore. If you get
two/three years out of one that's used a lot, you're doing good.
Stuff is made cheap and intended to be disposable now.

I have a saying in my business that I do not follow:

The memory of the joy over the low price long outlasts
the memory of the anger over the poor quality

Sadly, even if you buy the more expensive ones (expecting they would
be better built/last longer) it's just not usually so anymore,
depending of course what you're buying. There are some exceptions.

Fortunately, I have a lot of customer's that don't follow that
either.

I tend to do whatever the customer wants done, if it's possible and
within reason.

I've never had a problem with drugs, I've had problems with the
police. - Keith Richards
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/06/2017 12:19 PM, Frank wrote:
On 7/6/2017 1:38 PM, T wrote:
On 07/04/2017 07:58 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 2017 07:28:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10
years would be nice.

I used too, some years ago. But, not anymore. If you get two/three
years out of one that's used a lot, you're doing good. Stuff is made
cheap and intended to be disposable now.

I have a saying in my business that I do not follow:

The memory of the joy over the low price long outlasts
the memory of the anger over the poor quality

Fortunately, I have a lot of customer's that don't follow
that either.

Watching thread, I wonder if it is just rust spots. We get them from
too much moisture accumulating. Harmless but annoying.

You may be right. I wonder if the rust is absorbing too many
microwaves, decreasing the efficiency and overheat the unit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank wrote:
On 7/6/2017 1:38 PM, T wrote:
On 07/04/2017 07:58 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 2017 07:28:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10
years would be nice.

I used too, some years ago. But, not anymore. If you get two/three
years out of one that's used a lot, you're doing good. Stuff is made
cheap and intended to be disposable now.

I have a saying in my business that I do not follow:
The memory of the joy over the low price long outlasts

the memory of the anger over the poor quality
Fortunately, I have a lot of customer's that don't follow

that either.

Watching thread, I wonder if it is just rust spots. We get them from too
much moisture accumulating. Harmless but annoying.

Get a stainless steel microwave.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/09/2017 12:09 AM, gregz wrote:
Frank "frank wrote:
On 7/6/2017 1:38 PM, T wrote:
On 07/04/2017 07:58 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 2017 07:28:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Do you have a favorite brand that is reliable? 10
years would be nice.

I used too, some years ago. But, not anymore. If you get two/three
years out of one that's used a lot, you're doing good. Stuff is made
cheap and intended to be disposable now.

I have a saying in my business that I do not follow:
The memory of the joy over the low price long outlasts
the memory of the anger over the poor quality
Fortunately, I have a lot of customer's that don't follow
that either.

Watching thread, I wonder if it is just rust spots. We get them from too
much moisture accumulating. Harmless but annoying.

Get a stainless steel microwave.

Greg

Who makes one? And does it fall apart in a year or two?

Painting inside of microwave with radiator paint Rob Nicholson UK diy 31 February 1st 21 02:47 PM
Durable paint for the inside of a microwave oven jeff_wisnia[_5_] Home Repair 45 December 27th 19 08:52 AM
burn, baby, burn dadiOH[_3_] Home Repair 1 June 3rd 14 08:02 PM
Burn baby burn Wes[_5_] Metalworking 0 October 7th 10 11:25 PM
Combi Boiler - To Burn Or Not To Burn Tim UK diy 7 November 6th 06 02:10 PM