Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default the paint is starting to burn on the inside of my microwave

T news 2017 21:35:14 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Though of that already. I turned the outlet it plugs into,
into a switched outlet.

Sweet. I've done that for a few circuits I run here...

I even flip if off at night as there are reports of microwave flaming
out when you are not around to watch them. Cheap Chinese Crap.

Yep. Sadly, I've seen this happen. While I can't be certain, I have
seen a few cases (autopsy) of the smaller transformer burning up that
runs the circuit board. It heats up enough to smoke and/or catch fire,
but the condition isn't a short circuit or heavy pull, so the safety
fuse doesn't pop. When I tore one of them apart, it looked to me
like the secondary windings had been failing for awhile and finally
enough insulation was gone that it turned into a small heating element
and burnt up the surrounding plastic. Not sure why it didn't screw the
primary winding enough to cause a short that should have blown the
fuse, but, it didn't. May have had the issue been left unattended long
enough, but, by then a risk of an actual fire was increasing...

This isn't right. This isn't even wrong.--Wolfgang Pauli