Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default the paint is starting to burn on the inside of my microwave

On 07/01/2017 01:57 PM, Diesel wrote:
T news 03:25:08 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

The paint on the inside of my microwave oven is starting to burn.
I am getting lots of brown spots.

Do I care? Smells a little electrical after a long cook.

Er...How long is a long cook?

9 minutes

I'd recommend you keep an eye on it as it cooks for you. And, in the
event it smokes or catches fire outside of the cooking area, UNPLUG it
before you attempt to do anything else with it. I know that should be
common knowledge, but, you wouldn't believe how many people I've
encountered who've been shocked and/or badly burnt for attempting to
put an electrical fire out without cutting the power first.

If you can't unplug it in a hurry, make sure you can get to the breaker
box quickly and know which breaker it is that runs it. In fact, it
probably wouldn't hurt to find out which one it is ahead of time. And,
mark it accordingly.

Though of that already. I turned the outlet it plugs into,
into a switched outlet. I even flip if off at night as
there are reports of microwave flaming out when you are not
around to watch them. Cheap Chinese Crap.