Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gawt damn door bell ringing nap robbers

I was just about asleep and some guy and a cute gal rings my door bell.
They got ID's hanging from their necks and want to know if I would
help with the neighborhood crime prevention something or another ... and
he's quick to inform me they are licensed by the state showing the ID
badge hanging around their neck... did I want a sign in the yard ?
Sure, if it's free... he assured me it was .. on with the questions..
was I over 18, yeah I am. We get to what's my birth date and I tell
them I don't give that out to strangers... he assured me "no problem"
they are licensed by the state and shows me the ID hanging around their
necks again... I tell him they ought to know if anyone does that a
person shouldn't be giving that kind of information out to just
anybody.... and we do this again and again... he finally says, "Then, we
can't help you" and off they go... obvious they were selling something.
And now back to my nap. Oh, yeah... he said I don't get the free sign.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:48:06 PM UTC-5, My 2 Cents wrote:
[...]

Why didn't you do what I do and give them fake information. I got this sex offender notice in the mail when I was back home and every website that asked for personal infomation got the sex offender's information. I'm betting the perv got lots of junk mail. The guy lived just a few blocks away and I'm glad my neighbor who had 6 young kids and the same number of nieces and nephews moved away before the perv moved into the neighborhood. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Offended Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2017 8:48 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
[...]

Well your loss. For $29.00 a month they would come and clean the sign
for you too.

We rarely get door to door people. My doorbell doesn't even work as
people I know will come to the side door anyway.

But I'm getting help with my student loans from a telemarketer. I told
him I owe $65,000 and used the money to buy a new car and a lot of beer.
He did not flinch when I told him I graduated in 1967 with a masters
degree in cunnilingus.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:29:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

I think that's the same degree Hillary has.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2017 6:22 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

That's a dangerous game.
I don't think I'd want anything in any database that might link me to
the sex offender database. The web works in mysterious ways. Safer
to make up a fake persona and link it to an email address that you control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:25:13 PM UTC-5, mike wrote:
[...]

I have a number of Email addresses I use for my terrorist activities. I've been giving out fake information for many years long before the public psyche became aware of identity theft. I remember when people would give out their personal information to anyone who would ask for it. Before The Real ID Act, my drivers licence had a fake Social Security number on it because The Department of Public Safety had no legal authority to have my Social Security number. The trick is to know who has a legal right to your TRUE personal information. I'm using a proxy that shows me to be in Clifton, NJ when I'm actually in Birmingham, AL. I can switch it to someplace like Singapore if I really wanted to confuse a stalker. Even if I switch off the proxy app, my IP address will show me to be miles from where I actually am. I check it often to make sure. I don't want a SWAT team member sticking an M4 carbine in my face. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Terrorist Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

But I'm getting help with my student loans from a telemarketer. I told
him I owe $65,000 and used the money to buy a new car and a lot of beer.
He did not flinch when I told him I graduated in 1967 with a masters
degree in cunnilingus.

Oh, you and your tongue twisters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2017 7:05 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

But I'm getting help with my student loans from a telemarketer. I told
him I owe $65,000 and used the money to buy a new car and a lot of beer.
He did not flinch when I told him I graduated in 1967 with a masters
degree in cunnilingus.

Oh, you and your tongue twisters.

Oh you cunning linguist .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:11:54 -0700 (PDT), Uncle
Monster wrote:

I have a number of Email addresses I use.... I've =
been giving out fake information for many years long before the public psyc=
he became aware of identity theft.

So do I and so have I, but until I started keeping good notes, it messed
me up once.

Gave a phony birth date to yahoo.com and when I forgot my password, I
coudln't get another one without the birthdate, which I'd also
forgotten.

That was the only time I think but I recently tried to open an Ipad that
my good friend left behind when he died. The Ipad help pages don't
say this, but they do say to connect to Ipad and in doing so, I found a
partial email address for his apple registration.

I was able to guess the part that was starred out, but then it gave me a
choice of sending the information to his address, a gmail address that I
don't have the password for or answering security questions, the first
of which was his birthday, which I have, but Apple doesn't llke it,
maybe because he lied to them about it.

So it looks like even though this thing would be worth 100 dollars on
Ebay, even this model, it's worthless.

I remember when people would give out th=
eir personal information to anyone who would ask for it. Before The Real ID=
Act, my drivers licence had a fake Social Security number on it because Th=
e Department of Public Safety had no legal authority to have my Social Secu=
rity number.

Have you noticed that your medicare number includes your SSN?