Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Gawt damn door bell ringing nap robbers

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:11:54 -0700 (PDT), Uncle
Monster wrote:

I have a number of Email addresses I use.... I've =
been giving out fake information for many years long before the public psyc=
he became aware of identity theft.

So do I and so have I, but until I started keeping good notes, it messed
me up once.

Gave a phony birth date to yahoo.com and when I forgot my password, I
coudln't get another one without the birthdate, which I'd also
forgotten.

That was the only time I think but I recently tried to open an Ipad that
my good friend left behind when he died. The Ipad help pages don't
say this, but they do say to connect to Ipad and in doing so, I found a
partial email address for his apple registration.

I was able to guess the part that was starred out, but then it gave me a
choice of sending the information to his address, a gmail address that I
don't have the password for or answering security questions, the first
of which was his birthday, which I have, but Apple doesn't llke it,
maybe because he lied to them about it.

So it looks like even though this thing would be worth 100 dollars on
Ebay, even this model, it's worthless.

I remember when people would give out th=
eir personal information to anyone who would ask for it. Before The Real ID=
Act, my drivers licence had a fake Social Security number on it because Th=
e Department of Public Safety had no legal authority to have my Social Secu=
rity number.

Have you noticed that your medicare number includes your SSN?

The trick is to know who has a legal right to your TRUE person=
al information. I'm using a proxy that shows me to be in Clifton, NJ when I=
'm actually in Birmingham, AL. I can switch it to someplace like Singapore =
if I really wanted to confuse a stalker. Even if I switch off the proxy app=
, my IP address will show me to be miles from where I actually am. I check =
it often to make sure. I don't want a SWAT team member sticking an M4 carbi=
ne in my face.