Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Gawt damn door bell ringing nap robbers

On 6/10/2017 8:48 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
I was just about asleep and some guy and a cute gal rings my door bell.
They got ID's hanging from their necks and want to know if I would
help with the neighborhood crime prevention something or another ... and
he's quick to inform me they are licensed by the state showing the ID
badge hanging around their neck... did I want a sign in the yard ?
Sure, if it's free... he assured me it was .. on with the questions..
was I over 18, yeah I am. We get to what's my birth date and I tell
them I don't give that out to strangers... he assured me "no problem"
they are licensed by the state and shows me the ID hanging around their
necks again... I tell him they ought to know if anyone does that a
person shouldn't be giving that kind of information out to just
anybody.... and we do this again and again... he finally says, "Then, we
can't help you" and off they go... obvious they were selling something.
And now back to my nap. Oh, yeah... he said I don't get the free sign.

Well your loss. For $29.00 a month they would come and clean the sign
for you too.

We rarely get door to door people. My doorbell doesn't even work as
people I know will come to the side door anyway.

But I'm getting help with my student loans from a telemarketer. I told
him I owe $65,000 and used the money to buy a new car and a lot of beer.
He did not flinch when I told him I graduated in 1967 with a masters
degree in cunnilingus.