Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DIY patio

What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1133064-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 3:14:05 AM UTC-5, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.
--

Your local Air National Guard can help you by utilising a MOAB. It would be good practice for them. ヽ()ノ

[8~{} Uncle Blast Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Marta, RobbD wrote:
You don't mention where you're located, weather conditions, size of patio,
etc. In general I would recommend concrete pavers, either plain or fancy,
laid on a bed of sand, and graded away from the house. Pavers are relatively
in expensive and will probably outlast your house. They can be natural
concrete color or tinted. The interlocking pavers are really nice, but do
cost a bit more.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1133064-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2017 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

You can buy some interlocking paver and simply lay them on the ground or
even do the same with thick concrete pavers. Though, without a proper
base, they will most likely move throughout the years as the ground
shifts and changes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2017 1:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

What kind of dogs?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2017 3:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Clean out any grass and weeds in the area you want as a patio area, and
spread pea gravel in the area about an inch thick. It's just enough to
embed into the top layer of dirt, and still have some gravel above the
dirt level to keep feet from being muddied. Works great.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 3:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Astroturf or synthetic grass?
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to RobbD, RobbD wrote:
I should have also mention that concrete pavers are usually carried at Lowe's
or Home Depot, as well as building supply companies. I'm not sure which would
be cheaper. At another house we used interlocking pavers to create a walkway
along the side of our house from the driveway to the back of the house patio.
It was abouta 3 ft wide and 30 ft long. I don't recall exactly what it cost,
but we didn't consider it expensive.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1133064-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

--
Everyone brings joy to my life. Some when they enter it and some when
they leave it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2017 3:31 PM, Travis Bickle wrote:
On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is
reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ... you
must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love
unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if you
don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of our dog's love .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ... you must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if you don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of
our dog's love .

--

Snag

You probably a PITA freak who would step over a crying starving human child to pick up a whining puppy? ( *_*)

[8~{} Unc1e Funky M0nstur

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 3:14:05 AM UTC-5, Marta wrote:

What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1133064-.htm

Another retard posting from HomeMOANERShub. Make that stupid
dog stay outside and mud won't be tracked into your hovel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is
reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ...
you must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love
unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if
you don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of our dog's love .

--

Snag

You probably a PITA freak who would step over a crying starving human
child to pick up a whining puppy? ( *_*)

[8~{} Unc1e Funky M0nstur

You quite obviously don't know me . And you're not fooling anyone
with your sad attempt to spoof Unc .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2017 4:45 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 3:14:05 AM UTC-5, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1133064-.htm

Another retard posting from HomeMOANERShub. Make that stupid
dog stay outside and mud won't be tracked into your hovel.

While I agree with the moaners stupidity , what have you got against
dogs ? The most loyal friend a person can have ... see my response to
Travis Bickle above . He apparently doesn't like 'em either .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is
reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ...
you must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love
unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if
you don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of our dog's love .
--

Snag

You probably a PITA freak who would step over a crying starving human
child to pick up a whining puppy? ( *_*)

[8~{} Unc1e Funky M0nstur

You quite obviously don't know me . And you're not fooling anyone
with your sad attempt to spoof Unc .
--
Snag

On a scale of 1 to 10, what score would you give the troll? 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. A good troll has imagination and produces original content. Then there are the fanbois who follow you around. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Troll Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:39:00 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 5/28/2017 4:45 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 3:14:05 AM UTC-5, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1133064-.htm

Another retard posting from HomeMOANERShub. Make that stupid
dog stay outside and mud won't be tracked into your hovel.

While I agree with the moaners stupidity , what have you got against
dogs ? The most loyal friend a person can have ... see my response to
Travis Bickle above . He apparently doesn't like 'em either .

--

Snag

What is really idiotic about people who say things like "posting *from* HOH" is that
the poster has nothing to do with the fact that their post ends up in a.h.r. They posted
*on* or *at* the HOH site or *in* the HOH forum. The "from" isn't their fault and there is
no setting that allows them to prevent the propagation of their post to other places.

If the same person posted the same question, worded the same way, directly in a.h.r
would they still be called a "retard"? Maybe by certain idiots, but at least it would be
based on their question, not on where they posted it.

Besides, look at the sorry state of a.h.r these days. It's full of trolls, people that only
want to talk politics, and so much OT crap that there is no reason for anyone to expect
a proper discussion on a home repair related issue. Why would anyone suddenly embrace
this usenet group as their primary place to ask home repair related questions? Give this
thread a couple of more minutes and it'll morph into an "impeach Trump" or "poor snowflake"
thread.

Yeah, yeah, go ahead...give me the standard "Then go away if you don't like it" response.

Nah, I think I'll hang around and keep laughing at the idiots that post their drivel here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 8:11:43 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

But think of the poor gerbils! Don't forget the gerbils! \('')/

[8~{} Uncle Furry Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 6:39:00 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

On 5/28/2017 4:45 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 3:14:05 AM UTC-5, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1133064-.htm

Another retard posting from HomeMOANERShub. Make that stupid
dog stay outside and mud won't be tracked into your hovel.

While I agree with the moaners stupidity , what have you got against
dogs ? The most loyal friend a person can have ... see my response to
Travis Bickle above . He apparently doesn't like 'em either .

Snag

I have nothing against dogs. But since they are not intelligent
enough to wipe their feet either make them stay outside or make
them stay inside. Heaven forbid they find a dead animal in
their yard; how love to roll on such a carcass and then trot
inside.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2017 8:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I have no problem with those who come in with a question . Those who
respond to a 20 year old thread as if it were posted yesterday are a
different matter .

Besides, look at the sorry state of a.h.r these days. It's full of trolls, people that only
want to talk politics, and so much OT crap that there is no reason for anyone to expect
a proper discussion on a home repair related issue. Why would anyone suddenly embrace
this usenet group as their primary place to ask home repair related questions? Give this
thread a couple of more minutes and it'll morph into an "impeach Trump" or "poor snowflake"
thread.

Yeah, yeah, go ahead...give me the standard "Then go away if you don't like it" response.

Nah, I think I'll hang around and keep laughing at the idiots that post their drivel here.

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 9:30:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

The folks from Homeowners Hub are not seasoned Usenet veterans and barely know how to use The Internet. I doubt many of them know what a command line interface is like what I had to use to access newsgroups back in the day of the BBS and Ancient Internet. I wonder how many of them recognize the music of a dialup modem? I spent a lot of time reading newsgroup posts on a green or amber screen monitor. Dang, now I feel nostalgic. t(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Ancient Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 12:35:34 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 9:30:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I have no problem with those who come in with a question. Those who
respond to a 20 year old thread as if it were posted yesterday are a
different matter.

Snag

High 5!

Which was not the case in in this thread, yet you called it a "retard post"..

So you apparently *do* have a problem with those that come in with a question.

Your "High 5 to Snag's comment is complete BS in your case.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 7:21:37 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 12:35:34 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 9:30:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I have no problem with those who come in with a question. Those who
respond to a 20 year old thread as if it were posted yesterday are a
different matter.

Snag

High 5!

Which was not the case in in this thread, yet you called it a "retard post".

So you apparently *do* have a problem with those that come in with a question.

Your "High 5 to Snag's comment is complete BS in your case.

Dig your underwear out of your butt and sit down and calm down.
The posts coming from HomeMoanersHub are either from retards,
yes, I said it again, who never, ever, ever do any research for
their questions, or retards responding to 20 year old threads.

The op didn't say she had checked at Home Depot or Lowe's and
is confused about what is the best choice for patio material
for her muddy mongrel. No, she just pops in here and wants
everyone else to do her research for her. She didn't say
this material looks like it would do the job, but..... Nor
did she say someone recommended that product but I'm not sure,
what do you all think? Nope, just pick out something for me
then I can come back and gripe and say it's not doing the job
you all told me it would.

You don't like my answer? Tough, deal with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our
priority is reducing mud tracked in on dog's feet.

For a small patio you build yourself, a simple concrete slab is probably
the fastest, easiest, and least expensive. Just build a simple form with
2x4's and stakes, have concrete delivered (look for on site mixer for small
jobs), screed, edge, done. You can go as fancy as you wish, coloring,
stamping, staining, etc.

Another option is concrete pavers. You can have them delivered, or haul a
few home at a time. They look a bit nicer than a simple concrete slab, but
cost a bit more and can be more labor intensive to install (preparing the
base, tamping, screeding a sand layer, laying pavers, tamping, filling
joints with sand, more tamping, etc). Of course, for a small area you could
just grab a few 12" square pavers and lay them on the ground. They'll
settle unevenly and will need to be reset over time, but it's a quick and
dirty option.

You could also build a wooden deck. Ideally with concrete footings, joists,
and decking. But you could also use Pressure Treated sleepers and attach
the deck boards directly to those. You could even build small modules (2x2,
4x4, etc.) and lay them side by side.

Another option is just to cover the area with gravel. It's not as
attractive or usable as a patio, but it will keep the mud down. You'll
probably track in small rocks and weeds will eventually grow in the gravel,
but it's cheap and easy.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is
reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ... you
must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love
unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if you
don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of our dog's love .

--

Snag

Get help dude.

At a minimum, learn the difference between genuine human emotion vs. a
beast licking the last hand that fed him ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is
reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ... you
must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love
unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if you
don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of our dog's love .

--

Snag

Get help dude.

At a minimum, learn the difference between genuine human emotion vs. a
beast licking the last hand that fed him ;-)

It appears you are beyond help . Get some professional counseling for
your denial problems . Emotion is not just a human thing ... but you
wouldn't know .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:
What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is
reducing
mud tracked in on dog's feet.

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ... you
must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love
unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if you
don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of our dog's love .

--

Snag

Get help dude.

At a minimum, learn the difference between genuine human emotion vs. a
beast licking the last hand that fed him ;-)

It appears you are beyond help . Get some professional counseling for
your denial problems . Emotion is not just a human thing ... but you
wouldn't know .

Well, the OP is still a dumb ass judging by the post. Travis OTOH. . .
What can I say. I used to deal with such individuals from time to time.
Reports would use an abbreviation in reference to such folks: "NHI"
which stood for "No Humans Involved:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 8:54:59 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
[...]

Feel free to compare the quality of the HOH posts that end up in a.h.r to
the posts that start here. First, you'd have to sort though the OT posts
started by the trolls, then the OT posts started by the regulars. By OT,
I don't just mean *slightly* OT in a home repair group, I mean many that
are so OT in that they don't belong in *any* group.

I don't recall you applying the "retard" label to the people who started
these posts:

JADEN SMITH (JUST ANOTHER NIGGA BOI)
HAPPY NIGGA TRASH DAY!
Ten True Facts Guaranteed to Short-Circuit Republican Brains
Study: Physically Weak Men More Likely To Be Socialists
Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane
IRAN'S F-313 IS A TOTAL JOKE

All you ever do is blast the OP of the questions that get forwarded from HOH.
At least those posts are related to home repair, but you, the high and mighty
"Joan" don't deem their question good enough to be seen in a.h.r. We bow to
to your superiority. Yeah, right. Maybe there's a reason no one gets your
name right. Maybe you just don't matter.

The op didn't say she had checked at Home Depot or Lowe's and
is confused about what is the best choice for patio material
for her muddy mongrel. No, she just pops in here and wants
everyone else to do her research for her. She didn't say
this material looks like it would do the job, but..... Nor
did she say someone recommended that product but I'm not sure,
what do you all think? Nope, just pick out something for me
then I can come back and gripe and say it's not doing the job
you all told me it would.

What would you have said if a post like the following was forwarded from
HOH? It sure doesn't look like the OP did any research. I don't see where
the OP says she spoke to any builders or structural engineers or town code
officers. It sure looks like she just popped in here and wanted everyone
else to do her research for her.

"But my question is, is something like angle iron or some other
type of brace ever used under the subfloor to lend support?
Don't laugh, it's a legitimate question although many may
think it's a silly one. I'm simply curious if this is ever
done."

If that post, which just might sound fairly familiar, contained
the HOH link at the bottom, would you have applied the retard tag?
I'm sure you would have.

I can just imagine what you would have said if these two posts were
forwarded from HOH:

Post #1:

"Here's a link to a picture of a wall tap."

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...words=wall+tap

Post #2:

"Corrected link, sorry."

https://www.amazon.com/GE-54947-Grou...words=wall+tap

Holy crap...what a **** storm that would have started, eh? "Damn
HomeMoanersHub retards can't even copy the correct link."

You don't like my answer? Tough, deal with it.

Right back at 'cha. You are so easy to deal with it's laughable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 7:09:17 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I don't recall you applying the "retard" label to the people who started
these posts:

JADEN SMITH (JUST ANOTHER NIGGA BOI)
HAPPY NIGGA TRASH DAY!
Ten True Facts Guaranteed to Short-Circuit Republican Brains
Study: Physically Weak Men More Likely To Be Socialists
Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane
IRAN'S F-313 IS A TOTAL JOKE

I don't read such garbage as I know without clicking on the post
that it's trash.

All you ever do is blast the OP of the questions that get forwarded from HOH.
At least those posts are related to home repair, but you, the high and mighty
"Joan" don't deem their question good enough to be seen in a.h.r. We bow to
to your superiority. Yeah, right. Maybe there's a reason no one gets your
name right. Maybe you just don't matter.

YAWN, you are free to pass by any post you ever see with my name attached.
I've said this many, many, many, many times in the past wherever I post. DumpyDad, you don't have a clue why I have such a name that seems to confuse your pea brain.

*Snip*

*Snip*

*Snip*

*Snip*

*Snip*

What I posted really upset your little cart, didn't it?
Poor baby. OP must be a relative of yours to get so
bent out of shape. There's a cure for your angst and it's
already been stated to you. Lest you forget I'll repeat;
don't read my posts if they don't jive with what you want
to see on this group. Your blood pressure will drop and
you won't feel the need to try to control what I post.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 7:09:52 PM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
[...]

Don't give yourself any credit for upsetting me. You don't deserve it.
You are so not worth getting upset about. Worth screwing with...now
that's a different matter altogether. Worth pointing out all the hypocrisy
in your actions...definitely.

It's telling that you snipped the parts of my post that make you look like
the retard you accuse so many others of being. No research done, incorrect
links, etc. Who but a HOH retard would ever do such a thing?

Face it, it isn't about the questions the HOH posters ask, it's the mere
fact that the posts get forwarded to a.h.r. You've got some kind huge bug
up your ass that pokes it's head out and makes you respond in your angry
manner whenever a HOH post shows up.

Have you considered therapy for that condition? Please talk to someone.
Do it quick before pre-existing conditions aren't covered anymore. Perhaps
a program of some sort would be useful.

1 - Joann admitted that she was powerless over HOH posts - that her a.h.r
life had become unmanageable.

(Good God...I am so f'ing funny)