Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mini lazy susan

I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:32:17 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?

You attitude suks, but I will answer your questions.

Pole is about 2 feet.

Block of wood is about 6 inches by 4 inches.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 May 2017 18:18:17 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:32:17 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?

You attitude suks, but I will answer your questions.

Pole is about 2 feet.

Block of wood is about 6 inches by 4 inches.

Why wouldn't you use an antenna rotator? Lots of them on ebay, which
one you choose depends upon the size (wind load) of the beam.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2017 8:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?

Alliance tenna-rotor. Similar devices from $35 to $100.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 9:18:25 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:32:17 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?

You attitude suks, but I will answer your questions.

As long as you answer them is all that matters.

Pole is about 2 feet.

Block of wood is about 6 inches by 4 inches.

Missed one:

"Where is this contraption located - on the ground, on the roof,
on a wall?"

http://www.ebay.com/sch/TV-Antenna-R..._746541/i.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2017 6:58 PM, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

Omni-directional antenna. Problem solved.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/17 5:58 PM, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of
wood. Sometimes I have to change the antenna position. I would like
something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate
freely. All I could think of was a wheel bearing. Any other ideas ?

Rotating base or swivel plate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/14/2017 09:18 PM, Andy wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:32:17 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?

You attitude suks, but I will answer your questions.

Pole is about 2 feet.

Block of wood is about 6 inches by 4 inches.

You didn't answer all of DerbyDad03's questions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/17 9:18 PM, Andy wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:32:17 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?

You attitude suks, but I will answer your questions.

Pole is about 2 feet.

Block of wood is about 6 inches by 4 inches.

You don't take honest criticism too well do you. I'm guessing you're one
of those get-a-trophy-for-showing-up snowflakes ;-)

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a marauding alligator-- hoping it will eat
him last.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 5:58:48 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

Strap a little kid to the chimney, get him/her to hold the antenna mast then rotate it in accordance with instructions you yell out the window.ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Antenna Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2017 5:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:58:48 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

"Rotate freely", like whenever the wind blows?

You really haven't supplied much information. How big is the antenna? How
tall is the pole? How big is the block of wood? Where is this contraption
located - on the ground, on the roof, on a wall?

Seriously, could you be any less detailed?

Oh my...how negative!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 May 2017 15:58:44 -0700 (PDT)
Andy wrote:

I have an antenna mounted on a pole that is attached to a block of
wood.

Sometimes I have to change the antenna position.

I would like something to put under the wood that would allow the
wood to rotate freely.

All I could think of was a wheel bearing.

Any other ideas ?

https://www.wwhardware.com/lazy-susa...s-and-bearings

http://www.basspro.com/Boat-Seat-Swi...uct/421852130/

Lazy Susan Marty[_9_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 8 April 30th 09 03:19 PM
lazy susan bearing flash Woodworking 1 October 21st 06 07:24 PM
Lazy Susan Keith Young Woodturning 4 December 16th 05 04:46 AM
Lazy Susan Centering Keith Young Woodturning 1 December 9th 05 01:16 PM
lazy susan Chuck Woodturning 0 January 12th 04 12:24 AM