Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Button holes

On 04/22/2017 10:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:06:01 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 04/22/2017 02:51 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 04/22/2017 06:33 AM, Thomas wrote:
'Good' shirts have the horizontal hole.

That reminds me of the 'good' scissors my mother had when I was growing
up, where 'good' means you can't use them.

Yep.

When I was a kid a friend of mine's mother had a living room no one
could ever go into.

Was there a plastic slipcover on the sofa?

Yes and everything was white, carpeting and furniture.

Only once were we allowed in there...it was when his older brother
graduated from High School.

It was a small apartment and basically the family spent their time in
the den watching TV. 20% of the house was off limits.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/23/2017 02:30 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 04/22/2017 08:05 PM, philo wrote:

[snip]

When I was a kid a friend of mine's mother had a living room no one
could ever go into.

And theres the "good" towels my grandparents never used. They just used
cheap thin ones that came free in detergent boxes.

Our house is one that we enjoy living in and nothing is off limits other
than my wife's heirloom china plates.

If we have guests over and someone spills food or wine on the carpet, I
don't panic. Usually the other guests start yelling at the drunk who
made the mess, and I just tell everyone to relax and enjoy
themselves...then wipe up the mess but not make a big fuss about it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-04-24, philo wrote:

If we have guests over and someone spills food or wine on the
carpet, I don't panic.

Likewise.

I spilled red wine on my late brother's white carpet. I got rid of
the wine stain in minutes.

Pour water on stain and then stomp on stain/carpet with a terrycloth
towel to soak up water until stain is gone. Keep pouring. Water and
bath towels are cheap. Carpets are not It works!

nb

Button Cell #303 & #357 J.B. Wood[_2_] Electronics Repair 3 April 27th 17 12:02 AM
What is this button on this key for? (OT) IGot2P Home Repair 15 June 21st 12 03:17 PM
x10 big red button doorbell Tony Miklos[_2_] Home Repair 5 April 3rd 11 07:04 PM
Air button flush Tim W UK diy 14 January 18th 11 05:53 PM
Drilling 21/32" holes in blown-out 5/8-11 holes Tom Gardner Metalworking 10 November 29th 04 08:37 AM