Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This crazy weather left this house frozen.

Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 11:46:01 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

Dang Climate Change! It's all Trump's fault. He has caused the climate of the country to change with his election because the Hysterical Howling Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks are expelling so much CO2 and hot air that it has affected weather patterns and disrupted The Jet Stream. Were're in for at least 4 years of Climate Chaos and deplorable weather. If those creeps would just STFU, the weather might settle down. Hummm, perhaps culling them from the population..... They do claim proponents of The Second Amendment are crazy, maybe we should show them just how crazy? Open season! ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Chaos Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 12:46:01 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

Properly installed soffit vents and a little more insulation in the attic can help to
prevent ice damming. In some cases, heat wires on the overhangs are required. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 4:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Trump is helping the Russians so they can change Siberia into a tropical
paradise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2017 11:45 PM, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

I wonder why the house next door isn't covered with ice, too?

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 3:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Can we opt out of the 'deplorable weather' part?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

You three guys lookin' fer a cheap room?
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/15/2017 07:29 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/14/2017 11:45 PM, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

I wonder why the house next door isn't covered with ice, too?

I found that curious, too. Maybe the ice house is vacant and unheated?

There was a house around here that had sort of an ice sculpture every
year. He built a framework about 15' high and sprayed it with a lawn
sprinkler. It didn't look like anything but a formless tower of ice. I
suppose everybody needs a hobby in the winter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 9:29 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/14/2017 11:45 PM, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

I wonder why the house next door isn't covered with ice, too?

The covered house got the spray from the water. It is on the beach and
blocks the other house. This is a fairly common happening to docks and
such right on the water. The spray does not carry very far, maybe 15 or
20 feet.

See how one side is covered?
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jense...m/2008/frozen/

Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I cleared
a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another 200 feet
of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked in front of
out house though. The next day her car was covered with a coating of
ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what caused it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:27:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote
in

On 3/15/2017 9:29 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/14/2017 11:45 PM, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

I wonder why the house next door isn't covered with ice, too?

The covered house got the spray from the water. It is on the beach and
blocks the other house. This is a fairly common happening to docks and
such right on the water. The spray does not carry very far, maybe 15 or
20 feet.

The house without ice (on the right) looks like it's upwind from the
ice covered house.

See how one side is covered?
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jense...m/2008/frozen/

Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I cleared
a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another 200 feet
of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked in front of
out house though. The next day her car was covered with a coating of
ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what caused it.

I like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 6:31 AM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Eskimo cultural appropriation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 11:54:48 AM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:
[...]

I'm triggered. I need a warm safe space. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Chilled Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 9:03 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/15/2017 07:29 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/14/2017 11:45 PM, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

I wonder why the house next door isn't covered with ice, too?

I found that curious, too. Maybe the ice house is vacant and unheated?

ahh That's possible. Didn't think of that.

There was a house around here that had sort of an ice sculpture every
year. He built a framework about 15' high and sprayed it with a lawn
sprinkler. It didn't look like anything but a formless tower of ice. I
suppose everybody needs a hobby in the winter.

We got lucky this year and only had a dusting of snow that didn't last
very long, but we did have some below freezing temps for a few days off
and on. We've had a false spring and plants are in mid-bloom, and now
we've had another hard freeze. Guess all the bugs in the garden will
get killed off before real spring shows up. At least I'm hoping that
happens!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:27:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I cleared
a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another 200 feet
of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked in front of
out house though. The next day her car was covered with a coating of
ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what caused it.

What a coincidence. I'm sure you and your brother offered to help her clear the ice away... right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 9:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/15/2017 9:29 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/14/2017 11:45 PM, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

I wonder why the house next door isn't covered with ice, too?

The covered house got the spray from the water. It is on the beach and
blocks the other house. This is a fairly common happening to docks and
such right on the water. The spray does not carry very far, maybe 15 or
20 feet.

See how one side is covered?
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jense...m/2008/frozen/

wow! That's beautiful to look at from a distance! LOL

Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I cleared
a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another 200 feet
of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked in front of
out house though. The next day her car was covered with a coating of
ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what caused it.

ROFLOL!!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 11:54 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
[...]

Maybe we should read the small print first?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 1:10 PM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Had to remove 4 inches of climate change off my drive and walk yesterday.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 2:29:28 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
[...]

Just once? I've removed 4" at least 5 times over the couple of days. That's 4"
where it didn't drift much higher. Now multiple that by 3 driveways, 3 walkways, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 10:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I cleared a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another 200 feet of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked in front of out house though. The next day her car
was covered with a coating of ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what caused it.

So how does that work? Adverse possession? Do you own the parking spot in perpetuity?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 6:41 PM, Jackson wrote:
On 3/15/2017 10:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I
cleared a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another
200 feet of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked
in front of out house though. The next day her car was covered with a
coating of ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what
caused it.

So how does that work? Adverse possession? Do you own the parking spot
in perpetuity?

Its the rule of the jungle. You don't take a spot that someone cleared
because you are too lazy to do your own. People in big cities have been
killed over parking spots. There was plenty of room to park another 15
cars, just not shoveled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank wrote:

Trump is helping the Russians so they can change Siberia into a tropical
paradise.

Another chapter in the terraforming that has been going on for more than
a billion years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 04:22:01 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 12:46:01 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

Properly installed soffit vents and a little more insulation in the attic can help to
prevent ice damming. In some cases, heat wires on the overhangs are required. ;-)

In the UK, they would still get mail through the door slot :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:27:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I cleared
a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another 200 feet
of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked in front of
out house though. The next day her car was covered with a coating of
ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what caused it.

She parked next to a lawn that still had active irrigation sprinklers
runnin'. Or a water hose sprang a leak in the dead of night.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2017 1:29 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

I love how you put that! lol

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On 03/15/2017 07:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/15/2017 6:41 PM, Jackson wrote:
On 3/15/2017 10:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Same thing happened to a house on our street. My brother and I
cleared a couple of parking spots after a snowfall. There is another
200 feet of potential parking. A lady from around the corner parked
in front of out house though. The next day her car was covered with a
coating of ice. No other car on the street had it. I wonder what
caused it.

So how does that work? Adverse possession? Do you own the parking spot
in perpetuity?

Its the rule of the jungle. You don't take a spot that someone
cleared because you are too lazy to do your own. People in big cities
have been killed over parking spots. There was plenty of room to park
another 15 cars, just not shoveled.

Put some Trump bumper stickers on the offending car and wait for some Intolerant Hysterical Howling Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks to come along and torch it.