Posted to alt.home.repair
kdp kdp is offline

Default Larson new elegance security door

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1123171-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:14:03 GMT, kdp m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

I'm curious, have you thought of calling the people that built the door -- Larson?!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 5:14:04 PM UTC-6, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:14:03 GMT, kdp m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

I'm curious, have you thought of calling the people that built the door -- Larson?!!

Bah, that's too easy and look where the post originated from.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

Yes. You did. Ordinarily; a person uses tools to fix or replace the
bad latch. Did you try chicken grease for a lube?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

Oren, you misspelled grease; it's spelled ****.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

Yes. You did. Ordinarily; a person uses tools to fix or replace the
bad latch. Did you try chicken grease for a lube?

Oren, you misspelled grease; it's spelled ****.

Oh poop. Beat me with a stick.

Larson Storm Door PRoblems hr(bob) [email protected] Home Repair 23 January 30th 16 03:56 PM
door security stuart noble UK diy 7 August 28th 13 08:39 AM
storm doors; pella vs. larson? z Home Repair 2 July 21st 07 04:02 AM
Grundig TV Elegance 82 blown PSU pedro english Electronics Repair 0 January 20th 06 12:32 AM
Charlie Self, meet Dan Larson brian roth Woodworking 10 September 5th 04 02:12 PM