DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Larson new elegance security door (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/585404-larson-new-elegance-security-door.html)

kdp February 3rd 17 10:14 PM

Larson new elegance security door

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1123171-.htm

Gordon Shumway February 3rd 17 11:13 PM

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:14:03 GMT, kdp m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

I'm curious, have you thought of calling the people that built the door -- Larson?!!

itsjoannotjoann February 3rd 17 11:35 PM

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 5:14:04 PM UTC-6, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:14:03 GMT, kdp m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

I'm curious, have you thought of calling the people that built the door -- Larson?!!

Bah, that's too easy and look where the post originated from.

Oren[_2_] February 4th 17 12:11 AM

m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

Yes. You did. Ordinarily; a person uses tools to fix or replace the
bad latch. Did you try chicken grease for a lube?

Tekkie® February 6th 17 07:55 PM

Larson new elegance security door

Oren posted for all of us...

Oren, you misspelled grease; it's spelled ****.

--
Tekkie

Oren[_2_] February 6th 17 11:04 PM

m wrote:

I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2
years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore
door cannot be opened
I wonder if anybody had same problem and how was it fixed?

Yes. You did. Ordinarily; a person uses tools to fix or replace the
bad latch. Did you try chicken grease for a lube?

Oren, you misspelled grease; it's spelled ****.

Oh poop. Beat me with a stick.