Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door opener

When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:52:05 -0800 (PST), home owner
wrote:

When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?

Fold up the antenna wire.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2017 3:52 PM, home owner wrote:
When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?

Park closer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/27/2017 12:52 PM, home owner wrote:
When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?

Are you trying to make the garage door opener less sensitive to a
signal, or just limit the range of your remote?

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

When I'm in my house and the push-button on the remote is accidentally pushed, the garage door 200 feet away opens. Is there a way to reduce the distance?

I have a LiftMaster 3240 1/2 HP Screw Drive Garage Door Opener

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 5:07:51 PM UTC-6, home owner wrote:
When I'm in my house and the push-button on the remote is accidentally pushed, the garage door 200 feet away opens. Is there a way to reduce the distance?

I have a LiftMaster 3240 1/2 HP Screw Drive Garage Door Opener

Does your opener have a small wire hanging off of it? It's the antenna and would be some four to six inches long. It can be coiled or folded up as another poster suggested to make the antenna shorter thus reducing the range. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Door Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2017 12:52 PM, home owner wrote:
When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?

Fix the source of the problem.
Fix the button so it's harder to push.
Posted to alt.home.repair

grfe... and Uncle Monster:

Thank you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Already resolved by grfe... and Uncle Monster

Topic closed

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 15:30:22 -0800, mike wrote:

On 1/27/2017 12:52 PM, home owner wrote:
When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?

Fix the source of the problem.
Fix the button so it's harder to push.

Or don't carry it in your pocket
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
home owner wrote:

Already resolved by grfe... and Uncle Monster

Topic closed

There is a chance their solution will not solve your problem.

Are you or a close neighbor a Ham or CB radio operator? An opener might
be over-powered by radio transmitter with its antenna near the opener's
receiver. It has happened to me several times.

Fred
Posted to alt.home.repair

I posted the wrong model number. Under the front light cover, the Model is 13561.

I've folded the antenna wire in half but the garage opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

I then coiled the antenna wire but the opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

What do I need to do so the opener operates only when the remote is within 100 feet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/17 2:51 PM, home owner wrote:
I posted the wrong model number. Under the front light cover, the Model is 13561.

I've folded the antenna wire in half but the garage opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

I then coiled the antenna wire but the opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

What do I need to do so the opener operates only when the remote is within 100 feet?

Try wrapping the remote completely in aluminum foil. If this kills its
signal output enough that it won't activate the opener at all, or only
if very close to opener, then begin removing a bit of foil, a little
at a time, until it won't work past 100 feet.

If fully covered, and it still operates, then put the remote somewhere
it does not get "bumped" ;-)

Good Luck........
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:51:39 -0800 (PST), home owner
wrote:

I posted the wrong model number. Under the front light cover, the Model is 13561.

I've folded the antenna wire in half but the garage opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

I then coiled the antenna wire but the opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

What do I need to do so the opener operates only when the remote is within 100 feet?

Can you remove the antenna wire from the opener, if so, will the
remote open the door inside 100 feet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2017 2:51 PM, home owner wrote:
I posted the wrong model number. Under the front light cover, the Model is 13561.

I've folded the antenna wire in half but the garage opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

I then coiled the antenna wire but the opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

What do I need to do so the opener operates only when the remote is within 100 feet?

I have a "garage door open" detector alarm just in case it accidentally opens.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-01-28, Jim wrote:

I have a "garage door open" detector alarm just in case it accidentally opens.

Did it come with the "garage door opener" or did you have to buy it as
a separate device?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:51:39 -0800, home owner wrote:

I posted the wrong model number. Under the front light cover, the Model
is 13561.

I've folded the antenna wire in half but the garage opener still
operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

I then coiled the antenna wire but the opener still operates when the
remote control is more than 200 feet away.

What do I need to do so the opener operates only when the remote is
within 100 feet?

1. Find a measuring device and mark a spot 100 feet from the garage.

2. Sink a pole in the ground at that spot.

3. Nail the remote to the pole.

4. Problem solved.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-01-28, Jim wrote:

I have a "garage door open" detector alarm just in case it accidentally opens.

Did it come with the "garage door opener" or did you have to buy it as
a separate device?

nb

This was an add-on purchased separately.

https://smile.amazon.com/INSTEON-284.../dp/B003IHTZEY

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:52:05 -0800 (PST), home owner
wrote:

When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?

Sure. Get closer.

overhead door brand 556 garage door opener,1/2 amp board Bob[_65_] Home Repair 3 February 18th 14 09:45 PM
Garage Door Opener Won't Lower Door Fleemo Home Repair 8 October 21st 08 03:44 AM
garage door opener rfofaky Home Repair 4 January 20th 08 04:48 PM
Ceiling in garage too low for installling garage door opener [email protected] Home Ownership 6 November 26th 06 03:46 PM
overhead door garage door opener [email protected] Home Ownership 2 September 17th 06 07:30 PM