Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door opener

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 5:07:51 PM UTC-6, home owner wrote:
When I'm in my house and the push-button on the remote is accidentally pushed, the garage door 200 feet away opens. Is there a way to reduce the distance?

I have a LiftMaster 3240 1/2 HP Screw Drive Garage Door Opener

Does your opener have a small wire hanging off of it? It's the antenna and would be some four to six inches long. It can be coiled or folded up as another poster suggested to make the antenna shorter thus reducing the range. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Door Monster