Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default DOW record high.

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 07:48:10 -0700
Skeeter wrote:

Dow hits 20.000 for the first time ever...GO TRUMP!

Sweet!
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Skeeter wrote:

Dow hits 20.000 for the first time ever...GO TRUMP!

Sweet!

Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

LOL! I tried to explain it to them several times
but they were too arrogant to listen to the voice
of reason and experience backed by a superior IQ
and *outsiders* viewpoint which means not being
a stupid lubber who spends more time viewing
propaganda videos than reading and impartially
observing how the world really works.

An outsider looking in always has a more objective
view than an insider trying to look in.

Verily I have spoken.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 02:20:03 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

Then verily, O Sage of Age, what investments will yield
growth in 2017? You can look forward and not just
backwards, right?

Bonds! Buy early, buy often.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 04:41:19 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:
"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 02:20:03 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

Then verily, O Sage of Age, what investments will yield
growth in 2017? You can look forward and not just
backwards, right?

Bonds! Buy early, buy often.

You do realize interest rates are going up, right?
You do realize that that will cause bonds to lose value,
right?

Or... are you just trying to turn affluent house-dwelling
lubbers into destitute sailbote-bound vagabonds?

Thanks for your sage sagacity... we will check back later
in the year. Good luck with the bonds, and i'm going
with the equities.

Bonds will be profitable because business will be
booming under the Trump pro-business administration.

If a company issues bonds they will be able to pay
some really good interest rates on them and they are
considered a secure investment. Even so-called *junk*
bonds stand a good chance of being a successful investment
during the boom-economy of Trump.

The stock market stands to be more volatile. Money can
be made there but mostly by the professionals.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 15:23:53 -0700, Skeeter wrote:

wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 07:48:10 -0700 Skeeter wrote:

Dow hits 20.000 for the first time ever...GO TRUMP!

Sweet!

Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter because those two have
stupidly invested in physical gold and silver which go down as the DOW
goes up.

I know you think yourself a good troll, but where did I ever say I saved
gold or silver?

LOL! I tried to explain it to them several times but they were too
arrogant to listen to the voice of reason and experience backed by a
superior IQ and *outsiders* viewpoint which means not being a stupid
lubber who spends more time viewing propaganda videos than reading and
impartially observing how the world really works.

An outsider looking in always has a more objective view than an insider
trying to look in.

The moron has spoken with no clue.

As usual.

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

Skeeter wrote:

Dow hits 20.000 for the first time ever...GO TRUMP!

Sweet!

Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

LOL! I tried to explain it to them several times
but they were too arrogant to listen to the voice
of reason and experience backed by a superior IQ
and *outsiders* viewpoint which means not being
a stupid lubber who spends more time viewing
propaganda videos than reading and impartially
observing how the world really works.

An outsider looking in always has a more objective
view than an insider trying to look in.

Verily I have spoken.

Precious metals are a store of wealth. Only a pauper or a misguided
idiot such as yourself can't understand the dynamics involved. I'm
sitting on my precious metal as long as it takes, because I know that it
always has a huge run up sooner or later. I'm not in any hurry, because
I don't even think about that money until the day it taps me on the
shoulder and says "Hey... look at ME!"

--
Checkmate
The most widely-read author in AUK
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

That certainly leaves you out, Beavis.

--
Checkmate
The most widely-read author in AUK
"Usenet, without a net!" (TM)
KotAGoR XXXIV
AUK Hammer of Thor award, Feb. 2012
co-winner, Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
Line & Sinker award, May 2001
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 1/25/2017 9:21 PM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Precious metals are a store of wealth. Only a pauper or a misguided
idiot such as yourself can't understand the dynamics involved. I'm
sitting on my precious metal as long as it takes, because I know that it
always has a huge run up sooner or later. I'm not in any hurry, because
I don't even think about that money until the day it taps me on the
shoulder and says "Hey... look at ME!"

And I want my metal in ingots, not a certificate from a huckster on TV.
I first bought gold at $27. It has gone up since.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in gold,
silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother of all
bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market and I
really hope I'm wrong.

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:56:14 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter because those two
have stupidly invested in physical gold and silver which go down as the
DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in gold,
silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother of all
bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market and I
really hope I'm wrong.

Inflation: more dollars for same value.

So if the dollar is worth less, the DOW will go up...as well as the price
of gold.

Gold bugs win!

--
-v
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
% % is offline

wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and
Skeeter because those two
have stupidly invested in physical gold and
silver which go down as
the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no
interest or investment in
gold, silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW
smells like the mother
of all bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know
jack about the market
and I really hope I'm wrong.

Inflation: more dollars for same value.

So if the dollar is worth less, the DOW will go
up...as well as the
price of gold.

Gold bugs win!

no they don't they just get ,
dirt under their fingernails

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in gold,
silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother of all
bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market and I
really hope I'm wrong.

You can be sure of some fluctuation. This is not a time to jump into
the market, but perhaps a time to take some out and put it into safe
places to protect it from a bubble burst. Little or no gain, but no
big loss that way.

While 20,000 sounds high, it is only good if the price of a loaf of
bread remains at 25¢, but inflation eats up the gains. Remember when
you could retire with a $million and live off the interest at 5% or
so?
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in
gold, silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother
of all bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market
and I really hope I'm wrong.

If you have no investment and "don't know Jack" about the market
why talk at all?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 9:21:14 PM UTC-5, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Skeeter wrote:

[...]

So too is investing in a broad array of stocks. If you compare the two,
over long periods of time, stocks have consistently out performed precious
metals. For example, 40 years ago, gold was $130 an ounce, the SP500
was 100. Today gold is $1200, the SP500 is 2200 and that does not
include dividends, which significantly increase the return. The SP500,
the Dow, outperformed gold by better than a factor of two. Having some
gold as a safety net in case of some ultimate calamity is fine, but
there are other investments that perform better.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in
gold, silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother
of all bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market
and I really hope I'm wrong.

If you have no investment and "don't know Jack" about the market
why talk at all?

I'm just following your lead, Queen of Cut'n'Paste. I don't know ****
about the market but you don't know **** about anything.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Per vallor:

Inflation: more dollars for same value.

So if the dollar is worth less, the DOW will go up...

+1.... seems like Economics 101 to me: Print a trillion-or-so dollars
and the currency is debased.

Might take awhile - velocity of money or something.... but the eventual
outcome seems like it is pre-determined.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 10:08:51 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per vallor:

Inflation: more dollars for same value.

So if the dollar is worth less, the DOW will go up...

+1.... seems like Economics 101 to me: Print a trillion-or-so dollars
and the currency is debased.

Might take awhile - velocity of money or something.... but the eventual
outcome seems like it is pre-determined.
--
Pete Cresswell

Except of course, that is not what's happening. If the currency being
debased was the direct cause of the rise in the DOW, then prices of
everything, the PPI, the CPI would be way up, ie inflation everywhere
would be evident. The DOW is going up partly from the new money
because it's one of the best places to invest. Money can be borrowed for
near zero and put into stocks.

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in
gold, silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother
of all bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the
market and I really hope I'm wrong.

If you have no investment and "don't know Jack" about the market
why talk at all?

I'm just following your lead, Queen of Cut'n'Paste. I don't know ****
about the market but you don't know **** about anything.

LOL!! ok, but still very weak....work on it....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 07:50:12 -0800 (PST)

From: trader_4

Records: Too many votes in 37% of Detroits precincts

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ncts/95363314/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 07:49:41 -0800 (PST)
trader_4 wrote:

Except of course, that is not what's happening. If the currency being
debased was the direct cause of the rise in the DOW, then prices of
everything, the PPI, the CPI would be way up, ie inflation everywhere
would be evident. The DOW is going up partly from the new money
because it's one of the best places to invest. Money can be borrowed
for near zero and put into stocks.

Since you know so much about every subject posted...
why are you NOT a big shot millionaire somewhere?

Instead you hock junk on ebay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 06:50:16 -0800 (PST)
trader_4 wrote:

For example, 40 years ago, gold was $130 an ounce,

http://www.macrotrends.net/1333/hist...100-year-chart
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:24:01 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 02:20:03 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

Then verily, O Sage of Age, what investments will yield
growth in 2017? You can look forward and not just
backwards, right?

Bonds! Buy early, buy often.

Buy bonds issued by the biggest debtor in the world? Great advice,
Rockefeller.

I didn't say government bonds, you fool!

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:21:11 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:

Precious metals are a store of wealth. Only a pauper or a misguided
idiot such as yourself can't understand the dynamics involved. I'm
sitting on my precious metal as long as it takes, because I know that it
always has a huge run up sooner or later. I'm not in any hurry, because
I don't even think about that money until the day it taps me on the
shoulder and says "Hey... look at ME!"

In your case, possessing physical gold and silver might
be wise considering how your sister has managed to steal
your entire inheritance.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 03:03:32 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Greg, i made plenty on the stock market since 2005, and
i'm the rankiest of rank amateurs.

If you diversify, over the long run, a chimpanzee with a
dartboard can make more money on stocks than you can on
bonds or commodities.

Verily verily, to be in the stock market over the last
year and avoid making money, you'da REALLY had to know
what you're doing.

I've got a couple of bond funds which the so-called
*advisors* tried to frighten me into selling. I told
them, "No, stay the course". In 2015 and 2016 both
bond funds made a bundle.

"Interest rates are going up, bonds are going down."

True but a good bond fund knows when to hold em and
when to fold em.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

There was also a time you could retire on $200,000 and live off the
15+% interest - for about a year until the interest rates crashed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per trader_4:
If the currency being
debased was the direct cause of the rise in the DOW, then prices of
everything, the PPI, the CPI would be way up, ie inflation everywhere
would be evident.

True, dat, about the indexes. and I can't figure out why the inflation
indexes seem benign, yet things like our costs at the food stores and
other real-world expenses have gone up.... but they have.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in gold,
silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother of all
bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market and I
really hope I'm wrong.

You can be sure of some fluctuation. This is not a time to jump into
the market, but perhaps a time to take some out and put it into safe
places to protect it from a bubble burst. Little or no gain, but no
big loss that way.

While 20,000 sounds high, it is only good if the price of a loaf of
bread remains at 25¢, but inflation eats up the gains.

Investing in the markets appears to be the best way to "keep up" with
inflation (feel free to let me know if I've overlooked a better way).

Remember when
you could retire with a $million and live off the interest at 5% or
so?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Skeeter wrote:

[...]

Precious metals, of course, wouldn't be expected to "grow".
Industries, having some brains behind them, might be more expected to
grow (or they wouldn't exist). The trick may be to recognize when the
outlook for the latter is negative, ahead of the price drop! ; )

For example, 40 years ago, gold was $130 an ounce, the SP500
was 100. Today gold is $1200, the SP500 is 2200 and that does not
include dividends, which significantly increase the return. The SP500,
the Dow, outperformed gold by better than a factor of two. Having some
gold as a safety net in case of some ultimate calamity is fine, but
there are other investments that perform better.

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

In article , Bite My Shiny
Metal Ass says...

wrote:
[...]

The tricky part is knowing when to get out. Things can go south pretty
damned quick, based on a headline... or worse yet, before anybody's even
seen the headline.

--
Checkmate
The most widely-read author in AUK
"Usenet, without a net!" (TM)
KotAGoR XXXIV
AUK Hammer of Thor award, Feb. 2012
co-winner, Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
Line & Sinker award, May 2001
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in
gold, silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother
of all bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market
and I really hope I'm wrong.

If you have no investment and "don't know Jack" about the market
why talk at all?

I'm just following your lead, Queen of Cut'n'Paste. I don't know ****
about the market but you don't know **** about anything.

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:56:49 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 14:13:15 -0500, "Sir Gregory Hall,
Esq." wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 02:20:03 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

Then verily, O Sage of Age, what investments will yield
growth in 2017? You can look forward and not just
backwards, right?

Bonds! Buy early, buy often.

How did that work out for you, Greg-o-rama?

If you'd bought 10 year Treasuries on 1/25/17, their
market value would be underwater today.

Here's how bonds work nowadays: You buy a bond now for
the equivalent of 1000 loaves of bread. When the bond
matures in 5 or 10 years, you are repaid the equivalent
of 960 loaves. Meanwhile, if interest rates go up, like
we knew they would, their resale market value goes down.
Is that a great deal, or what.

If you'd bought the S&P then, you'd be up 16% today, even
after the recent nosedive. If you'd bought tech stocks,
more like 25%.

FWIW.

And if you bought weed stocks, or Bitcoin, you lost 50% or more.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:56:49 +0800, LO AND BEHOLD; "Bite My Shiny Metal
Ass " determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
:

wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 02:20:03 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:
Then verily, O Sage of Age, what investments will yield growth in 2017?
You can look forward and not just backwards, right?

Bonds! Buy early, buy often.

How did that work out for you, Greg-o-rama?

If you'd bought 10 year Treasuries on 1/25/17, their market value would
be underwater today.

Here's how bonds work nowadays: You buy a bond now for the equivalent of
1000 loaves of bread. When the bond matures in 5 or 10 years, you are
repaid the equivalent of 960 loaves. Meanwhile, if interest rates go
up, like we knew they would, their resale market value goes down. Is
that a great deal, or what.

If you'd bought the S&P then, you'd be up 16% today, even after the
recent nosedive. If you'd bought tech stocks, more like 25%.

FWIW.

that moron probably sunk it all into bitcoin.

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"Thanks to muzzies and their apologist-enablers like puppy whistle, this
seems to be the new norm in the world. It's spreading like a cancer,
and it's time we admit we're at war with pure evil. We need to put an
end to this muzzie plague, or life on Earth is going to become pure hell
everywhere. We need to get these people out of every civilized
country, and there's only one way to do it. IOW, we have to become
like them, with an emphasis on expediency over cruelty." - Checkmate (of alt.checkmate)

"Pussy Willow has just proven that Trump's crackdown on previously
unenforced immigration policies is working. We'll deal with the domestic
terrorists as needed, but we don't need to be letting the muzzie
terrorists get a foothold in our country too. One need only look at what
they're doing in Europe right now to know we're doing the right thing by
keeping them out, which is our right and our duty. - Checkmate (#1 pussy willow fan)

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last ****ing mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: