Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default DOW record high.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:56:14 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 01/25/2017 09:13 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
Feel sorry for the likes of Checkmate and Skeeter
because those two have stupidly invested in physical
gold and silver which go down as the DOW goes up.

What goes up must come down... I have no interest or investment in gold,
silver, or the market but a 20,000 DOW smells like the mother of all
bubbles to me. Like I said I don't know jack about the market and I
really hope I'm wrong.

You can be sure of some fluctuation. This is not a time to jump into
the market, but perhaps a time to take some out and put it into safe
places to protect it from a bubble burst. Little or no gain, but no
big loss that way.

While 20,000 sounds high, it is only good if the price of a loaf of
bread remains at 25¢, but inflation eats up the gains.

Investing in the markets appears to be the best way to "keep up" with
inflation (feel free to let me know if I've overlooked a better way).

Remember when
you could retire with a $million and live off the interest at 5% or
so?