Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car trunk smell

I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...l-1120250-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/17 8:27 PM, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After
investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but
it's
still smell. Please help.

Supposedly, throwing a bunch of crumpled newspaper in a container
will take the smell away. The paper eventually absorbs the smell.
I wonder if a mouse got into the trunk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 21:54:20 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 1/3/17 8:27 PM, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After
investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but
it's
still smell. Please help.

Supposedly, throwing a bunch of crumpled newspaper in a container
will take the smell away. The paper eventually absorbs the smell.
I wonder if a mouse got into the trunk.

A couple bags of charcoal work better than newspaper, but the source
of the smell needs to be determined and removed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Simmy m writes:

I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After
investigating, I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not
carry anything in the trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten
fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's still smell. Please help.

Look under the car to find the dead animal.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Simmy m wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

If it's mildew, check for water leaks. Try some vinegar spray.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 8:27:21 PM UTC-6, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.
--

Did you lend your car to anyone who might be a mobster? (´・_・`)

[8~{} Uncle Mob Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-5, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

We can post images at a multitude of image hosting sites.
We can post audio and video via youtube.

Is anyone working on the technology required to post odors?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 05:28:30 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-5, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

We can post images at a multitude of image hosting sites.
We can post audio and video via youtube.

Is anyone working on the technology required to post odors?

Smell-O-Vision, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

Not quite posting, but it has been on the wish list of advertisers for
a long time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-5, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

We can post images at a multitude of image hosting sites.
We can post audio and video via youtube.

Is anyone working on the technology required to post odors?

Smell-O-Vision, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

Not quite posting, but it has been on the wish list of advertisers for
a long time.

Old news and not even close to "posting".

Images and videos help us solve problems for others. Coordinated movie
theater fragrances do not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-5, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

look in the well under the spare tire for stagnant water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-5, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

We can post images at a multitude of image hosting sites.
We can post audio and video via youtube.

Is anyone working on the technology required to post odors?

Smell-O-Vision, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

Not quite posting, but it has been on the wish list of advertisers for
a long time.

Old news and not even close to "posting".

Images and videos help us solve problems for others. Coordinated movie
theater fragrances do not.

Serving decaf in Derbyville this morning?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-5, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

We can post images at a multitude of image hosting sites.
We can post audio and video via youtube.

Is anyone working on the technology required to post odors?

Smell-O-Vision, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

Not quite posting, but it has been on the wish list of advertisers for
a long time.

Old news and not even close to "posting".

Images and videos help us solve problems for others. Coordinated movie
theater fragrances do not.

As you seem to be somewhat humorless this morning, here is a link to
information which is more relevant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_scent_technology

"Digital scent technology (or olfactory technology) is the engineering
discipline dealing with olfactory representation. It is a technology
to sense, transmit and receive scent-enabled digital media (such as
web pages, video games, movies and music). This sensing part of this
technology works by using olfactometers and electronic noses......"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Now that's more like it.

how to remove odor from trunk of car lovlyinsd Home Repair 10 November 2nd 15 02:10 PM
Need more powerful trunk solenoid, I think micky Home Repair 6 October 4th 12 05:00 AM
How to remove odor from car trunk LurfysMa Home Repair 12 February 6th 07 12:24 AM
INSPIRATION - Trunk J T Woodworking 0 January 8th 06 12:46 AM
Restoring a wooden trunk Alex UK diy 3 July 6th 03 10:51 PM