Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car trunk smell

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 21:54:20 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 1/3/17 8:27 PM, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After
investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but
it's
still smell. Please help.

Supposedly, throwing a bunch of crumpled newspaper in a container
will take the smell away. The paper eventually absorbs the smell.
I wonder if a mouse got into the trunk.

A couple bags of charcoal work better than newspaper, but the source
of the smell needs to be determined and removed.