Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Car trunk smell

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 07:27:38 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:11:06 AM UTC-5, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 05:28:30 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-5, Simmy wrote:
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating,
I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the
trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's
still smell. Please help.

We can post images at a multitude of image hosting sites.
We can post audio and video via youtube.

Is anyone working on the technology required to post odors?

Smell-O-Vision, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

Not quite posting, but it has been on the wish list of advertisers for
a long time.

Old news and not even close to "posting".

Images and videos help us solve problems for others. Coordinated movie
theater fragrances do not.

As you seem to be somewhat humorless this morning, here is a link to
information which is more relevant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_scent_technology

"Digital scent technology (or olfactory technology) is the engineering
discipline dealing with olfactory representation. It is a technology
to sense, transmit and receive scent-enabled digital media (such as
web pages, video games, movies and music). This sensing part of this
technology works by using olfactometers and electronic noses......"