Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ticks working in the back yard clearing brush

trader_4 said:

You do know the chronic diagnosis is bogus, right?

No, I don't know that and neither do you. You came in here freely
admitting you have no experience with the disease and yet now you're
the expert. That makes you the village idiot.

Think about what you wrote.
If you actually believe what you wrote, all you are saying is that you
completely misinterpreted everything that I said.

I'm fine with you believing a completely different scenario than what was
stated, as long as you understand that you're just making this stuff up.

I do it too, for example when I watch a science fiction movie, my mind
falls into a lull, like yours seems to be permanently in, where the
make-believe world seems real.

But I snap out of it the moment the movie is over.

If your words can be taken as indicative of your thought processes, you
don't seem to realize that you live in a make-believe world of your own
creation.

That fine - as long as you realize that you are an extremely intuitive
person, almost assuredly, where you trust your own intuition far more than
you trust the facts to the contrary.

In addition, since you jump to the strangest conclusions of what other
people actually said, you are almost certainly highly judgemental (in the
Myers-Briggs sense) in that you feel everyone thinks the way you do, and
worse, you seem to feel that everyone should act the way you act.

May I suggest you take the Myers-Briggs personality profile test, and that
you pay strict attention to the percentages for the Intuitive and
Judgemental portions of the results?

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 said:

According to Yanis, it's all in your wife's head.

Consider what you just wrote.

If you stand by what you wrote, then you can't be communicated with in an
adult manner, because you feel that anyone who tells you the factual truth
is saying "it's all in your head".

The fact you just make up everything you say, and that you can't seem to
comprehend what other people actually said, is disconcerting, because I
have to assume you are (in years anyway), an adult.

Your lack of maturity isn't a problem if you recognize that you can't seem
to comprehend what other people said, and, worse, if you don't recognize
that you don't comprehend what they said, you still feel that they said
"it's all in the wife's head".

Given you just make up all your ideas about what other people said,
may I suggest you take the Myers-Briggs personality profile test below:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I will wager that your percentages will show very highly intuitive (i.e.,
facts are meaningless to you since you appear to trust your intuition more
than you trust facts to the contrary).
Posted to alt.home.repair

burfordTjustice said:

Talking out your ass again.

The most common HIV test is the antibody screening test (immunoassay), which tests for the antibodies that your body makes against HIV. The immunoassay may be conducted in a lab or as a rapid test at the testing site. It may be performed on blood or oral fluid (not saliva).Jun 5, 2015

HIV Test Types - AIDS.gov

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics...iv-test-types/

I simply ignored his AIDS diatribe because the causative agent is simply a
Herpes virus (AFAIR) which is easily assayed immunologically at the levels
that cause disease symptoms.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 said:

Do you just decide that you have a disease?
Or do you go to a doctor and have them diagnose you? There is no
definitive test for many diseases.

Do realize what you're saying?
You're agreeing with me completely.

There is no reliable test for Chronic Lyme Disease.
So no doctor can correctly diagnose you.

Their guess is just better than your guess.
But it's still a guess (witness the article I pointed you to).

It's fine that the doctors are simply making an educated guess, as long as
you realize that's what is going on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 said:

Yet you're an expert on Lyme, the false diagnosis thereof, etc.
Go figure.

Think about what you just said.
Don't you sound silly?

The guy says he has Chronic Fatigue and he asks me to confirm.
Nobody. Not even a doctor could confirm based on what he said.

Then you pop in saying what you just wrote?
You sound exactly like an idiot.
I am not saying you are an idiot - I'm just saying that your words portray
you as an idiot would.

I'm just stating the obvious and reasonable facts.
You're just guessing wildly.

All my assumptions are tenable and reasonable.
None of yours are.

Please think about how unreasonable your thought processes are when/if you
decide to respond.

You're not acting like a reasonable adult should.

You seem to think patients just diagnose themselves. Most of those
chronic Lyme disease patients have been diagnosed by a doctor. By
a doctor that sees a lot of these cases.

Did you read that December 2016 paper that I posted in this thread?
It clearly says doctors do not diagnose Lyme Disease properly.

My entire point is that there is not test that is even in the least
definitiive for Chronic Lyme Disease.

So, everyone, including the doctors, is just guessing.
And, never forget that many doctors don't want to "fight" the patient,
especially a patient who keeps coming back.

In that paper I provided, the medicine (erythromycin specifically for an
errant Lyme Disease diagnosis) that the doctors were giving the patient
were what was causing her liver damage.

All I'm stating are facts.
You are only stating guesses.

We won't be able to effectively communicate until/unless I start wildly
guessing along with you, or you start thinking in tenable facts along with
me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword said:

But Chronic Fatigue Syndrome isn't a specific disease, it just
means you get tired for no reason. So we can say we have that.
Saying you have Lyme Disease is wrong if you haven't tested for
it specifically.

Actually, I think Chronic Fatigue means you get tired for a reason, where
the doctor's job is to figure out that reason (which is where all the hokus
pokus starts coming in because it's easier to agree with the patient than
it is to tell the patient that the doctor has no idea what the reason is).
Posted to alt.home.repair

burfordTjustice said:

Per CDC 300,000 new cases a year in the USA.

The tick must be on you minimum 24 to transmit Lyme.
If you have ticks on you longer that 24 you have bigger issues.

That CDC number is completely bogus (for reasons already mentioned), which
even the CDC can't stand behind other than to state it's simply a guess.

However, I've been camping for weeks, where, if you have a tick, you can't
get it off without help if it's in a lousy spot (I've had to scrape them
off against boulders).

And, you may not notice it since you generally sleep in your clothes if
you're traveling lightly.

Even if you change your clothes, in cold weather, some ticks are still
active, and most hikers sleep with their boots and socks inside the
sleeping bag for obvious reasons (you also sleep with your canteen for the
same reason).

Even so, the only tick I ever had though, that I know was on me for days on
end, was one in the back of my leg, which I got on a camping trip in Japan,
where someone else found it a day or two after I returned to the USA
because it didn't hurt.

Do they have Lyme disease in Japan?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 17:31:45 +0100
Yanis Bernard wrote:

facts trump my intuition.

his intuition trumps the facts.

LOL!!! That should set the little man off....LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yanis Bernard formulated the question :
James Wilkinson Sword said:

But Chronic Fatigue Syndrome isn't a specific disease, it just
means you get tired for no reason. So we can say we have that.
Saying you have Lyme Disease is wrong if you haven't tested for
it specifically.

Actually, I think Chronic Fatigue means you get tired for a reason, where
the doctor's job is to figure out that reason (which is where all the hokus
pokus starts coming in because it's easier to agree with the patient than
it is to tell the patient that the doctor has no idea what the reason is).

Chronic Fatigue comes from smoking too much Chronic. Related symptoms
are Chronic Cottonmouth, Chronic Memory Loss, and Chronic Munchies.

HTH
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword said:

But Chronic Fatigue Syndrome isn't a specific disease, it just
means you get tired for no reason. So we can say we have that.
Saying you have Lyme Disease is wrong if you haven't tested for it
specifically.

Actually, I think Chronic Fatigue means you get tired for a reason, where
the doctor's job is to figure out that reason (which is where all the
hokus
pokus starts coming in because it's easier to agree with the patient than
it is to tell the patient that the doctor has no idea what the reason
is).

Chronic Fatigue comes from smoking too much Chronic. Related symptoms
are Chronic Cottonmouth, Chronic Memory Loss, and Chronic Munchies.

HTH

What a load of cobblers. I've smoked since the age of 14, I'm 68 now

and have non of those symptoms.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 00:16:05 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 00:10:37 +0000 (UTC), Gijs Van Dijk

Do you know the genus species?

1. deer tick (black legged tick) ?
2. lone star tick ?
3. wood tick (american dog tick) ?
4. rocky mountain wood tick ?

Frank, why do you keep nym shifting?

Nobody checked him for ticks.

That spelling would be tics-like facial tics, finger tics, brain tics.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:57:15 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

What do you do to get the ticks out and to prevent disease?

A cordless soldering iron, touched to the head of the tick will cause
it to release.

Yeah right. Bull****. Everybody carries a soldering iron in the woods?
Have ever heard of using a MATCH? Jarhead!

Maybe he should use his sidearm... The projectile would sterilize the bite
and surrounding meat.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What do you do to get the ticks out and to prevent disease?

A cordless soldering iron, touched to the head of the tick will cause
it to release.

Yeah right. Bull****. Everybody carries a soldering iron in the woods?
Have ever heard of using a MATCH? Jarhead!

Maybe he should use his sidearm... The projectile would sterilize the bite
and surrounding meat.

Do not feed the troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® laid this down on his screen :

wrote:

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 00:10:37 +0000 (UTC), Gijs Van Dijk

Do you know the genus species?

1. deer tick (black legged tick) ?
2. lone star tick ?
3. wood tick (american dog tick) ?
4. rocky mountain wood tick ?

Frank, why do you keep nym shifting?

Nobody checked him for ticks.

That spelling would be tics-like facial tics, finger tics, brain tics.

What's the correct spelling for lunar ticks?
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword said:

But Chronic Fatigue Syndrome isn't a specific disease, it just
means you get tired for no reason. So we can say we have that.
Saying you have Lyme Disease is wrong if you haven't tested for it
specifically.

Actually, I think Chronic Fatigue means you get tired for a reason, where
the doctor's job is to figure out that reason (which is where all the
hokus
pokus starts coming in because it's easier to agree with the patient than
it is to tell the patient that the doctor has no idea what the reason
is).

Chronic Fatigue comes from smoking too much Chronic. Related symptoms
are Chronic Cottonmouth, Chronic Memory Loss, and Chronic Munchies.

HTH

What a load of cobblers. I've smoked since the age of 14, I'm 68 now

and have non of those symptoms.

What you smoke isn't called Chronic. It's got lots of names, but not that.

--
The sensible in the world are doomed to be frustrated by petty, officious idiots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 13:43:29 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 2:40:31 PM UTC-5, Yanis Bernard wrote:
(PeteCresswell) said:

My understanding is that some people develop "Chronic Lyme Disease", AKA
"Post-Treatment Lyme Disease".

I understand. I've been bitten by so many ticks that I can't count the
numbers, and, I have pains everywhere and particularly in my joints.

However, it's my understanding that there is no definitive medical test for
chronic lyme disease, so I won't ever say I have it.

There is no "definitive test" for many medical diseases and conditions.
Those are diagnosed by symptoms and whatever tests are available.
It's also not common for people to run tests themselves, doctors
typically make the diagnosis.

I never cease to be amazed at how little we know about how our own bodies work. It's kinda pathetic.

--
Two cowboys are riding along a trail in the mountains when they suddenly hear tom toms beating very close to them.
"Oh! That doesn't sound good," one says to the other.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 16:31:48 -0000, Yanis Bernard wrote:

trader_4 said:

According to Yanis, it's all in your wife's head.

Consider what you just wrote.

If you stand by what you wrote, then you can't be communicated with in an
adult manner, because you feel that anyone who tells you the factual truth
is saying "it's all in your head".

What is he referring to? What is you said he feels means the above?

The fact you just make up everything you say, and that you can't seem to
comprehend what other people actually said, is disconcerting, because I
have to assume you are (in years anyway), an adult.

Your lack of maturity isn't a problem if you recognize that you can't seem
to comprehend what other people said, and, worse, if you don't recognize
that you don't comprehend what they said, you still feel that they said
"it's all in the wife's head".

Given you just make up all your ideas about what other people said,
may I suggest you take the Myers-Briggs personality profile test below:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I will wager that your percentages will show very highly intuitive (i.e.,
facts are meaningless to you since you appear to trust your intuition more
than you trust facts to the contrary).

--
Does a pope **** in the woods? And if a pope ****s in the woods and no-one is around, does he pebbledash?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Did you just say "sleep in your clothes"? Seriously, who the **** sleeps in anything other than naked? That would not be comfortable at all.

--
Oh my goodness what a caper, someone's ****ed on the magic paper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 16:31:51 -0000, Yanis Bernard wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword said:

But Chronic Fatigue Syndrome isn't a specific disease, it just
means you get tired for no reason. So we can say we have that.
Saying you have Lyme Disease is wrong if you haven't tested for
it specifically.

Actually, I think Chronic Fatigue means you get tired for a reason, where
the doctor's job is to figure out that reason (which is where all the hokus
pokus starts coming in because it's easier to agree with the patient than
it is to tell the patient that the doctor has no idea what the reason is).

"For no reason" can mean the reason is unknown. Pleas learn basic English.

--
Don't waste money on binoculars, stand closer to the object.
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword said:

Did you just say "sleep in your clothes"?
Seriously, who the **** sleeps in anything other than naked?
That would not be comfortable at all.

I'm OK with you sleeping in the woods wearing anything or nothing.
I happen to wear clothes.
In fact, since I pack lightly, I sleep in the same clothes that I hike in.
If it's very cold, you put your boots in your sleeping bag.

If you don't sleep with your boots and canteen in your sleeping bag with
you, then you have never camped in the winter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 01:48:57 -0000, Yanis Bernard wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword said:

Did you just say "sleep in your clothes"?
Seriously, who the **** sleeps in anything other than naked?
That would not be comfortable at all.

I'm OK with you sleeping in the woods wearing anything or nothing.
I happen to wear clothes.
In fact, since I pack lightly, I sleep in the same clothes that I hike in.
If it's very cold, you put your boots in your sleeping bag.

If you don't sleep with your boots and canteen in your sleeping bag with
you, then you have never camped in the winter.

I sleep naked in winter without a sleeping bag.

--
What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt?
Lipstick, if he's lucky.

Not In Anyone's Back Yard The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 10 April 17th 14 10:26 PM
iRobot R3 500 series replacement brush kit (inc. Bristle brush,beater brush, side brush with screw and brush cleaning tool) [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 22nd 09 01:43 PM
back yard tree JimR Home Repair 0 October 15th 08 01:10 AM
back yard tree badgolferman Home Repair 1 October 14th 08 03:17 PM
Need advice for back yard LT Home Repair 6 March 26th 05 04:42 PM