Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows Live Mail with QuoteFix -- Windows 10

Well, after lots of whining and complaining, and tons of trial and error, I
seem to have settled on using WLM for now. One of the things that I do not
like about WLM is that it doesnt use and apply the "" attribute marks when
quoting prior text.

But, I just found a workaround for that called WLM QuoteFix. I found it
he

http://www.dusko-lolic.from.hr/wlmquote/

I tried downloading and installing the "compiled" version as shown on the
website and that worked easily. Then, I spent a long time trying to get the
"edit" version to work in a way that I could customize the signature line a
little. That finally worked too.

And, for those who may be thinking of switching to, or trying, Windows Live
Mail, Microsoft has announced that it will be €śending support€ť for WLM on
January 17, 2017. It will still work after that, but downloading the WLM
software wont be available after that. And, others here have pointed out
that the trick for now is to download the wlsetup-all.exe file now (and save
it) €“ before January 17, 2017. Also, the file for the web-based
installation of WLM will not work after January 17, 2017. So, be sure to
get the specific wlsetup-all.exe file now.

I had trouble finding exactly where to download the wlsetup-all.exe file,
but someone elsewhere provided the direct link for the download shown
below.

Direct download to Microsoft server for the WLM12 installer executable file:

Full version 2012 installer:

http://g.live.com/1rewlive5-all/en/wlsetup-all.exe

Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

January 17, 2017. It will still work after that, but downloading the WLM

The same date as the expiration date on the Cracker Jacks I bought for
Halloween :-)

[snip]

--
"The thirty-nine articles of orthodoxy are only the ashes of the mind."
[Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_]

Windows live mail Muddymike UK diy 2 June 14th 13 09:03 AM
Windows live mail Muddymike[_2_] UK diy 51 March 30th 12 04:29 AM
OT - Windows Live mail Max Woodworking 27 December 26th 11 02:26 PM
O.T. Windows Live Mail Iain UK diy 10 November 17th 11 06:18 PM
OT- Windows Live Mail Max Woodworking 57 April 26th 11 12:33 AM