Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default OT - Windows Live mail

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
...................help...........;-)

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Max" wrote in message
b.com...

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
...................help...........;-)

Max
Click on the tab that says "home". There you will find "catch up". IMHO,
Outlook Express was far better. Rather than get used to this POS, get
something better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:20:18 -0700, "Max"
wrote:

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

Max

If it is an older version, such as 2010, OK. If it is the latest
version, it really sucks as a newsreader. I hated it so much I
started using Agent.

You can't delete news messages. Do you mean to mark them as "all
read"? If so, the present screen can be marked by using Control A
keys. If you mean the 10,000 messages it says exist? Right click and
chick on "catch up"
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Max" wrote:

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

--------------------------------------
Suggest you seriously consider astraweb.com as your news reader.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:03:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If it is an older version, such as 2010, OK. If it is the latest
version, it really sucks as a newsreader. I hated it so much I
started using Agent.

That's like saying you hated your basic Chevy Chevette so much you
upgraded to a Rolls Royce.

About a year ago, I purchased Agent 6 for about $30 and haven't looked
back. It does everything I could want and more.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...
"Max" wrote:

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

--------------------------------------
Suggest you seriously consider astraweb.com as your news reader.

Lew

Astraweb is my newsgroup provider/server.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Max wrote:
I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

Max

Oh - that's simple... STARTRUN then enter cmd. Once the command dialog
box opens, type "del C:\*.*". Will delete all messages...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Max" wrote:
Astraweb is my newsgroup provider/server.

=========================
I misread your previous post.

With astraweb, you're good to go with Windows Live Mail.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/22/2011 5:20 PM, Max wrote:
I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.

In heaven's name, WHY?

There are many *much* better programs available.
Posted to rec.woodworking

BULL****!!!

You deserved that one...LOL

With your gay login! (see colon, backslash, hmmmmm, enter)

Nasty one Mikey!

-------------
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Max wrote:
I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

Max

Oh - that's simple... STARTRUN then enter cmd. Once the command
dialog
box opens, type "del C:\*.*". Will delete all messages...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Don't know why you would want to delete all messages but....

Right click on the group and select properties, then the "local file"
tab.

The newsreader is good and compact but a lot of the the features are
not for the give up quick crowd and hard to find.

----------------
"Max" wrote in message
b.com...

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
...................help...........;-)

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:40:58 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Max wrote:
I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

Max

Oh - that's simple... STARTRUN then enter cmd. Once the command dialog
box opens, type "del C:\*.*". Will delete all messages...

Mike, Did you used to work as tech support for Dell? ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:20:18 -0700, Max wrote:

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way
to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)

Max

Toss it. Use Thunderbird instead, or any other free newsreader. Back
when I used Windoze I used Gravity or Free Agent, but that was a long
time ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"m II" wrote in message
Don't know why you would want to delete all messages but....

Right click on the group and select properties, then the "local file" tab.

The newsreader is good and compact but a lot of the the features are not
for the give up quick crowd and hard to find.

Thanks,
What a PITA!
No wonder everyone says, "Get a newsreader". LOL

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:20:18 -0700, Max wrote:

I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way
to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)

Max

Toss it. Use Thunderbird instead, or any other free newsreader. Back
when I used Windoze I used Gravity or Free Agent, but that was a long
time ago.

I'll probably do just that.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

Max

Oh - that's simple... STARTRUN then enter cmd. Once the command dialog
box opens, type "del C:\*.*". Will delete all messages...

Mike, Did you used to work as tech support for Dell? ;-)

Someone PLEASE explain the above was a joke, or some will will be
posting here wondering why there computer no longer works after deleting
the messages.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:23:20 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:03:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If it is an older version, such as 2010, OK. If it is the latest
version, it really sucks as a newsreader. I hated it so much I
started using Agent.

That's like saying you hated your basic Chevy Chevette so much you
upgraded to a Rolls Royce.

About a year ago, I purchased Agent 6 for about $30 and haven't looked
back. It does everything I could want and more.

I used OE for years. It was free and did everything I ever wanted.
Live as OK in the older version, similar to OE. When MS upgraded to
the 2011 version, it went to crap for various reasons. I was able to
re-install and use the newer version.

While Agent is OK, I'd rather be driving my old Chevette. The seat was
well worn in, I guess.
Posted to rec.woodworking

m II wrote:
BULL****!!!

You deserved that one...LOL

With your gay login! (see colon, backslash, hmmmmm, enter)

"With your gay login!"? WTF?

Nasty one Mikey!

Heh, heh, heh...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

Max

Oh - that's simple... STARTRUN then enter cmd. Once the command
dialog box opens, type "del C:\*.*". Will delete all messages...

Mike, Did you used to work as tech support for Dell? ;-)

No - HP...

(not really)

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Keith Nuttle wrote in
:

wrote:
Oh - that's simple... STARTRUN then enter cmd. Once the command
dialog box opens, type "del C:\*.*". Will delete all messages...

Mike, Did you used to work as tech support for Dell? ;-)

Someone PLEASE explain the above was a joke, or some will will be
posting here wondering why there computer no longer works after
deleting the messages.

Oh don't worry... it'll only delete the files in the root directory. He
forgot the /S switch.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
I'm setting up a new computer.
I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader.
I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages.
..................help...........;-)

Max

Oh - that's simple... STARTRUN then enter cmd. Once the command
dialog box opens, type "del C:\*.*". Will delete all messages...

Mike, Did you used to work as tech support for Dell? ;-)

No - HP...

(not really)

he forgot to add the /s /e on there.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:36:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
While Agent is OK, I'd rather be driving my old Chevette. The seat was
well worn in, I guess.

Me too. I was 18 when my dad bought his Chevette. Sure would like to
be 18 again, (with current knowledge and attitude of course). I'd
start off by saving my money to invest in Microsoft instead of
spending it on illicit beer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:43:02 -0500, "Morgans"
Windoz 7 will not run the older stuff, from what I understand... I would be
using OE in a second, if I could.

Yes it will. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Office 2003 and its
integrated Outlook. Works fine. I like using Outlook, but for a number
of activities, I do use Agent 6.0.
Posted to rec.woodworking

You can try other email clients, like Farte Agent but it causes a lot
of confusion and fights online due to lack of tolerance and rigid
threading format requirements.

------------
"Max" wrote in message
eb.com...
Thanks,
What a PITA!
No wonder everyone says, "Get a newsreader". LOL

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Max" wrote in message
eb.com...
Thanks,
What a PITA!
No wonder everyone says, "Get a newsreader". LOL

Max

I'm discovering that Windows Mail isn't as bad as "advertised".
It just takes a little tinkering. I think I'll hang onto it for awhile.
It would be nice if MS didn't assume that everyone was totally familiar with
their products.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

I'll just add my 2 cents.

I still use Eudora 7.1.0.9 for email. Been using it since version 2 or 3.
The latest one is free, and with 1 or 2 tweaks, it works beautifully,
except if you use Chinese, Cyrillic , Hebrew or some other alphabet totally
different from US.
newsgroup: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

I use Xnews for news.
See http://www.newsreaders.info/recommended-newsreaders.htm

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:43:02 -0500, "Morgans"
Windoz 7 will not run the older stuff, from what I understand... I would be
using OE in a second, if I could.

Yes it will. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Office 2003 and its
integrated Outlook. Works fine. I like using Outlook, but for a number
of activities, I do use Agent 6.0.

OOOh, I recently got 2003, but I did not know outlook was part of it. I
will check it out in the next free time I get. Thanks!

-- Jim in NC

O.T. Windows Live Mail Iain UK diy 10 November 17th 11 06:18 PM
OT- Windows Live Mail Max Woodworking 57 April 26th 11 12:33 AM
test from windows live mail George \(dicegeorge\) UK diy 3 June 24th 08 05:50 AM