Posted to alt.home.repair

Default clearing clogged sink drain

On Thu, 03 Nov 2016 22:15:43 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Nov 2016 18:44:45 -0500, wrote:

Glad I live where I do.....
Of course I suppose the wages in NY are double or triple what they are
here too...

And houses prices are a large multiple of where you live. The fellow that
cleared my drain lives in a $700,000 house. (It may be a two-family.) That
is not at all expensive for here.

Don.
www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Good grief. I bought my 30 acre farm for $50,000 about 18 years ago. It
came with a usable barn that just needed some roof work and sliding
doors, a house that was in very bad shape (which I demolished), and a
garage that was partly collapsed, but I rebuilt that. Also had a usable
well and septic. Now, the land alone is worth around $200,000. I moved a
small FREE house here (moved it myself), then added on to it, built a
second barn, and several sheds, mostly all built from recycled
materials. I also have two mobile homes, one for guests, the other for
storage. I dont really know what I spent on all of this, because I just
did it as I acquired used materials, or could afford new stuff. But I
know I could get at least $400,000 for it, as a working farm. For this
area, that's a big chunk of cash.

I wonder what a 30 acre farm with similar buildings would cost in or
near you (I assume you're in the city). Probably a figure I could not
even comprehend....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 06:23:36 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 04:31:03 -0500, wrote:

I wonder what a 30 acre farm with similar buildings would cost in or
near you (I assume you're in the city). Probably a figure I could not
even comprehend....

There is no such thing in Brooklyn. There is one full city block for sale
in downtown Brooklyn. It is expected to sell for several hundred million.

Don.
www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Once again, I'm glad I live where I do. I was born and raised in a
fairly large city, (but is small compared to your area). As soon as I
was an adult, I got out of that hell-hole and moved to the country. I
dont miss the city at all, and will never live in any city again.
But we're all different. I know some people who say my lifestyle is too
tough, because I dont have "services", such as garbage pickup, paved
roads, snow plowing in winter (beyond the main roads), city water and
sewer, cable tv, high speed internet, shopping malls, and so on....

Nah, it's just the way it is. We have to do more work ourselves, but we
dont have street gangs, grafitti, large numbers of shootings, robberys,
and other crimes. Parking regulations, 24/7 sirens and traffic noise,
air pollution, crowding, traffic jams, rush hour, and when we go to a
gas station, we dont have to pay before pumping it.

Like the song says: "Than God I'm a Country Boy"!

I dont wish to change a thing around here, except I wish we could get
affordable high speed internet.....