Nathaniel Lind

Default Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors.

I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have a
collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or
irradiating myself)

Gary Tait

Whereas On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:55:02 GMT, "Nathaniel Lind"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have a
collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or
irradiating myself)

Are there any particualr types or vintages you are looking for, or do
not want to consider? Are you collecting them for the sake of
collecting them, or for particular components?

Where abouts are you, and would the components inside (namely the
Americum), cause shipping/border hassles?)
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

R. J. Baker, N9PEK

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
Whereas On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:55:02 GMT, "Nathaniel Lind"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have a
collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or
irradiating myself)

modestly applied snip

Where abouts are you, and would the components inside (namely the
Americum), cause shipping/border hassles?)
--

I can't help but dwell on that Reader's Digest story I read a while back,
about the young man who was playing with the Americium-241 from smoke

Jim

Ken Lipworth

The Honewell TC89B is the subject of a recall. So, my guess is that
Nathaniel Lind might be requesting these units so that he can return them
for a free replacement.

The whole thing seems mighty fishy to me.

KSL

so that
"Gary Tait" wrote in message
Whereas On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:55:02 GMT, "Nathaniel Lind"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have

collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or
irradiating myself)

Are there any particualr types or vintages you are looking for, or do
not want to consider? Are you collecting them for the sake of
collecting them, or for particular components?

Where abouts are you, and would the components inside (namely the
Americum), cause shipping/border hassles?)
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

KSL

I suppose it is possible that someone may want to collect samples of every
smoke detector ever made.

For some interesting examples of weird things that people collect see:
http://www.mamud.com/airsicknessbags/sanitary.htm

and

http://www.sicksack.com/puke1.htm

KSL