DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/49966-wanted-any-smoke-alarms-detectors.html)

Nathaniel Lind September 29th 03 04:55 AM

Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors.

I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have a
collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or
irradiating myself)

Gary Tait September 29th 03 06:31 PM

Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors.

Whereas On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:55:02 GMT, "Nathaniel Lind"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have a
collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or
irradiating myself)

Are there any particualr types or vintages you are looking for, or do
not want to consider? Are you collecting them for the sake of
collecting them, or for particular components?

Where abouts are you, and would the components inside (namely the
Americum), cause shipping/border hassles?)
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

R. J. Baker, N9PEK September 29th 03 07:32 PM

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
Whereas On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:55:02 GMT, "Nathaniel Lind"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have a
collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or
irradiating myself)

modestly applied snip

Where abouts are you, and would the components inside (namely the
Americum), cause shipping/border hassles?)
--

I can't help but dwell on that Reader's Digest story I read a while back,
about the young man who was playing with the Americium-241 from smoke

Jim

Nathaniel Lind September 30th 03 05:50 AM

Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors.

Anything, but most wanted a
Honeywell TC89B, Honeywell CD2000A

Ken Lipworth September 30th 03 10:07 AM

Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors.

The Honewell TC89B is the subject of a recall. So, my guess is that
Nathaniel Lind might be requesting these units so that he can return them
for a free replacement.

The whole thing seems mighty fishy to me.

KSL

so that

KSL October 1st 03 10:04 AM

Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors.

I suppose it is possible that someone may want to collect samples of every
smoke detector ever made.

For some interesting examples of weird things that people collect see:
http://www.mamud.com/airsicknessbags/sanitary.htm

and

http://www.sicksack.com/puke1.htm

KSL