jagerEd

Default Setting a toilet--- assembled or bowl first

The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl and then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can set it all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

TIA

Ed

MissGinger

"jagerEd" wrote in message
t...
The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl and then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can set it

all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

TIA

Ed

The weight on the back of the toilet will make it difficult and annoying to
set the bolts. I don't see why the tile guy would need the whole thing put
together first.

Jim Mc Namara

"jagerEd" wrote in message:
The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl and then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can set it

all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

Personal preference - if you're paying the tile guy - do it YOUR way.

Jim

Two Brothers Enterprises

jagerEd wrote:

The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl and then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can set it all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

TIA

Ed

Most professional flooring installers and plumbers would rather install
the complte unit. Anyway what the hell do you care, if he's doing it?
jagerEd

"Two Brothers Enterprises" wrote in message
jagerEd wrote:

The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl and

then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can set it

all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

TIA

Ed

Most professional flooring installers and plumbers would rather install
the complte unit. Anyway what the hell do you care, if he's doing it?

I guess that was the question--- SHOULD I care? With all due respect, I
always
want to know why when a workman or contractor wants to do something "his
way," especially when it's contrary to what the manufacturer says in the
installation instructions.

jim

jagerEd wrote:

The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl and then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can set it all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

TIA

Ed

no manufacturer wants one of their new toilets put togetnhere and then
set like that.. the correct way is to do the bowl first and then when
you satisfied with the bowl you add the tank on the back.. tell the tile
man to stick to the tile business and that either you or your plumber
will know what to do with the toilet install...
Art Begun

Maybe someone should explain that to the toilet manufacturer. I guess
he wants the entire toilet disassembled if the wax seal goes bad.

"Rick Stanley" wrote in message

"jagerEd" wrote in message
t...
The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl

and
then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can

set
it all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

TIA

Ed

Look at it this way. If you weren't replacing the toilet when

getting
the new tile, there is no way someone would take the tank off, then

the
bowl, and reverse the procedure when re-setting. It would be pulled

off
as one piece, and set the same.

New toilet leaks between the Tank and the Bowl? lbbss UK diy 7 April 30th 04 12:25 PM
Raised Toilet Andrew Mawson UK diy 11 December 12th 03 12:19 AM
Stained Toilet Bowl [email protected] UK diy 21 November 24th 03 11:44 PM
Replacing leaking toilet Jeremy Taylor UK diy 4 September 11th 03 04:51 PM