jim

Default Setting a toilet--- assembled or bowl first

jagerEd wrote:

The directions for our new Toto toilet calls for setting the bowl and then
mounting the tank.
The tile man wants me to assemble the tank to the bowl so he can set it all
in one piece.
Other than the awkwardness of lifting the whole thing, what is the
difference?

TIA

Ed

no manufacturer wants one of their new toilets put togetnhere and then
set like that.. the correct way is to do the bowl first and then when
you satisfied with the bowl you add the tank on the back.. tell the tile
man to stick to the tile business and that either you or your plumber
will know what to do with the toilet install...