Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sink spray hose leak!

I'm installing a new sink (Vapsint brand) and stuck trying to figure out why I have a leak at the spray hose connection. It's the kind of connection with a plastic piece at the end of the hose (with a button on either side which I don't know what the purpose is). The plastic piece connects to a metal screw on piece at the bottom of the faucet, with a small rubber o-ring in between. The leak seems to be coming out of the top of the connection. I did use pipe thread tape. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 1:49:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm installing a new sink (Vapsint brand) and stuck trying to figure out why I have a leak at the spray hose connection. It's the kind of connection with a plastic piece at the end of the hose (with a button on either side which I don't know what the purpose is). The plastic piece connects to a metal screw on piece at the bottom of the faucet, with a small rubber o-ring in between. The leak seems to be coming out of the top of the connection.. I did use pipe thread tape. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

A picture posted to an image sharing site of what you're having trouble with would help the denizens of the newsgroup understand the problem you're having. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Sink Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's a few pictures that might help. Uncle Sink Monster, thanks for the suggestion.

https://postimg.org/image/7v3m7ug7d/
https://postimg.org/image/h45shyp3d/
https://postimg.org/image/65uizs0i1/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 2:46:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Here's a few pictures that might help. Uncle Sink Monster, thanks for the suggestion.

https://postimg.org/image/7v3m7ug7d/
https://postimg.org/image/h45shyp3d/
https://postimg.org/image/65uizs0i1/

I've never seen one quite like that one. My guess is that the button is a quick disconnect that blocks water flow and releases the hose. The hose end looks like it plugs like a quick connect air hose. When you press the button in, it releases the sprayer hose end and closes to prevent water coming out of the connection. There is going to be an O-ring on the hose connector or inside the valve/hose release. I've never seen that one of those before so I look at it and think about how I'd design it. Push in the slide and see if it doesn't release the hose. Oh yea, you might turn the water valves off first. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hose Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Here's a few pictures that might help. Uncle Sink Monster, thanks
for the suggestion.

https://postimg.org/image/7v3m7ug7d/
https://postimg.org/image/h45shyp3d/
https://postimg.org/image/65uizs0i1/

I've never seen one quite like that one. My guess is that the button
is a quick disconnect that blocks water flow and releases the hose.
The hose end looks like it plugs like a quick connect air hose. When
you press the button in, it releases the sprayer hose end and closes
to prevent water coming out of the connection. There is going to be
an O-ring on the hose connector or inside the valve/hose release.
I've never seen that one of those before so I look at it and think
about how I'd design it. Push in the slide and see if it doesn't
release the hose. Oh yea, you might turn the water valves off first.
^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hose Monster

Our new Moen faucet has a similar quick-disconnect , but it has the QD on
both sides , not just the hose side . The OP might try removing the teflon
tape and letting the 0-ring seal the connection . That is what o-rings do
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

+1

That's likely the problem. An o-ring is there to do the sealing and
you're not supposed to put any tape on it. What did the instructions
say? RTFM.
Posted to alt.home.repair

New sink and new faucet, very nice. There's an 800 number in your faucet
installation instructions. Call them. They'll listen to your story and tell
you what you are doing wrong or send you a new spray hose. Most faucet
manufacturers really believe in customer service.
Did the instructions recommend teflon tape?

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 07:01:41 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

. The OP might try removing the teflon
tape and letting the 0-ring seal the connection . That is what o-rings do

BINGO. I thought the same thing. I bet install instructions did not
say to use tape.