Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen faucet spray hose

Our kitchen faucet spray hose has suddenly started to sputter when
used.

What might cause this? There is no apparent pressure loss in the sink
and there are no kinks in the line itself, but when we push the lever,
it sputters and most of the water continues through the faucet into
the sink. I am thinking that maybe there is something foreign in the
line...this was a rather abrupt change, as opposed to something
degrading over time.

TIA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Our kitchen faucet spray hose has suddenly started to sputter when
used.

What might cause this? There is no apparent pressure loss in the sink
and there are no kinks in the line itself, but when we push the lever,
it sputters and most of the water continues through the faucet into
the sink. I am thinking that maybe there is something foreign in the
line...this was a rather abrupt change, as opposed to something
degrading over time.

TIA.

There is a diverter located in the faucet body that makes this work. It
could be sediment or age.

Post the brand name and someone will be able to point you to the answer
somewhere on the web.

To confirm that it is in the valve body, unscrew the spay head from the hose
and see how strong the flow from the hose is when the water is on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it is the diverter, then replacement hose/nozzle/diverter units can
be found at any plumbing supply house/hardware/big box store. The
fitting for the hose is often a PITA to get at. You will need a basin
wrench -- sucker with the handle and funny wrench on the end that
pivots. One is a lifetime supply, but is what you need for working in
close quarters under the sink.