Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sticky faucet spray hose

The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually
leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into
its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I
lubricate the hole with Dri-Slide or something? (The new hose appears
to be neoprene, reinforced with interlocked cloth threads.)
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Ivan
wrote:

The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually
leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into
its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I
lubricate the hole with Dri-Slide or something? (The new hose appears
to be neoprene, reinforced with interlocked cloth threads.)

Sure, why not? And the hose. May not work, or it may.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually
leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into
its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I
lubricate the hole with Dri-Slide or something? (The new hose appears
to be neoprene, reinforced with interlocked cloth threads.)

Sure, why not? And the hose. May not work, or it may.

The lubricant may work for a while, or it might not, but it will wear
off in a year afaik. Of course it it does, it won't be hard to
reapply.

The new hose may be stiffer than the old one. That might go away, but
I think it won't.

You could hang a weight on the hose, that was free to slide, so it was
always at the bottom whether the hose was pulled out or not. 2
pounds? 4 pounds? 6 pounds!!!! I haven't seen your hose or your
sink but I would guess a pound or two.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually
leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into
its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I
lubricate the hole with Dri-Slide or something? (The new hose appears
to be neoprene, reinforced with interlocked cloth threads.)

Make sure nothing under the sink is preventing the hose from lowering
into the mount. Maybe a shorter hose or get yourself a donut shaped
weight for the hose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan wrote:
The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually
leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into
its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I
lubricate the hole with Dri-Slide or something? (The new hose appears
to be neoprene, reinforced with interlocked cloth threads.)

Try rubbing the hose surface with wax. An old candle should do it. Maybe even
coat a dowel with was and run it onto the inside of the "hole".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan wrote:
The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually
leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into
its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I
lubricate the hole with Dri-Slide or something? (The new hose appears
to be neoprene, reinforced with interlocked cloth threads.)

Mine came with a weight on the hose and I had to adjust the position of
the weight for it to work properly.