Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spray Nozzle Hose Catching on Shutoff Handles

What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bruce wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

I used a piece of cardboard to make a "3 sided box" to contain the hose
against the back of the cabinet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 7:02 pm, "Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

wrap saran wrap over the handles to make them smoother.
or, let stiff new spray hose relax its kinks by spraying hot water
from it for a minute or as needed.
or just let Her do the dishes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 7:02 pm, "Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

If enough room......you could cut a piece of PVC and use it as a
channel. Leave the end where the hose meets the top of sink so the
hose is guided into the PVC. Can screw the PVC into the rear of sink
at around a 45 degree angle. What ya think? :-)

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

"avid_hiker" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 1, 7:02 pm, "Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink
from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

If enough room......you could cut a piece of PVC and use it as a
channel. Leave the end where the hose meets the top of sink so the
hose is guided into the PVC. Can screw the PVC into the rear of sink
at around a 45 degree angle. What ya think? :-)

a screw into the sink? wouldn't that cause a leak?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"AlarmCoJoe" wrote:

"avid_hiker" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 1, 7:02 pm, "Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink
from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

If enough room......you could cut a piece of PVC and use it as a
channel. Leave the end where the hose meets the top of sink so the
hose is guided into the PVC. Can screw the PVC into the rear of sink
at around a 45 degree angle. What ya think? :-)

a screw into the sink? wouldn't that cause a leak?

Only if done properly (BEG)
Posted to alt.home.repair

a screw into the sink? wouldn't that cause a leak?

Of course not..........into the framing / wall, or
such................not the sink itself. Do we have to explain or word
every detail precisely. Use your brain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 5:02 pm, "Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

Our builder used a 1" plastic cable clamp screwed to the back wall of
the cabinet.

Jerry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bruce wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

I used a section of PVC pipe, but anything you can stick to the back
wall would work - mailing tube, a corrugated box, a tin can with both
ends cut off. I got exasperated every time I used the thing until it
dawned on me that I just needed something long enough to keep the hose
from looping around the shut-off. I used my favorite, silicone caulk,
to stick the pipe to the wall, held with painter's tape until set.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 8:01 pm, Barry wrote:
Bruce wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

I used a piece of cardboard to make a "3 sided box" to contain the hose
against the back of the cabinet.

Similar, but I used the cardboard to cover the handles.

JohnN

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 2, 1:40 pm, "JohnN" wrote:
On Mar 1, 8:01 pm, Barry wrote:

Bruce wrote:
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from
catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

I used a piece of cardboard to make a "3 sided box" to contain the hose
against the back of the cabinet.

Similar, but I used the cardboard to cover the handles.

JohnN

use a zip tie to hold the hose closer to something so that the loop
doesn't hook around the handle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I ended up using a 2" electrical conduit clamp mounted between the hot and
cold shutoff valves screwed to the back so it would not catch on the
handles. Ran just the movable part of the hose behind the clamp. It was
mounted high enough so that the loop would not snag the clamp.

"Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote in message
. ..
What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink
from catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up?
Drives me crazy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to avid_hiker, Name wrote:
I HATE nasty responses. Your responses were great until then. Use your sense.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-199454-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Name wrote:
replying to avid_hiker, Name wrote:
I HATE nasty responses. Your responses were great until then. Use
your sense.

When will you damn homemoaner hub idiots learn to read posting dates ?
That conversation was from NINE YEARS AGO !

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 22:44:01 +0000, Name
wrote:

I HATE nasty responses. Your responses were great until then. Use your sense.

Get over yourself. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the
porch. Who are you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 6:00:25 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Name wrote:
replying to avid_hiker, Name wrote:
I HATE nasty responses. Your responses were great until then. Use
your sense.

When will you damn homemoaner hub idiots learn to read posting dates ?
That conversation was from NINE YEARS AGO !

--
Snag

This post may be 9 years old but I have the same problem now and the ideas are very helpful. So thanks to "Name" for resurrecting the topic.