Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs

Default kitchen sink faucet spray-hose leaks on entering sprayer

A few years ago my wife redid the kitchen ($$$!), and
for the sink got a faucet-apparatus from Newport Brass
(like $700!).

Anyway, I suppose it's from pulling the sprayer+hose apparatus
out of the hole (down to space under the sink with pipes, etc),
over and over and over, the connection between the hose
and the sprayer (where the hose goes into the hand-sprayer
device) has recently, all of a sudden, started leaking.

Well, not just leaking, but spraying out backwards out
in a "cone" shape around the hose.

My question: how to fix the (damn) thing?

I thought I'd ask here before calling Newport Brass and
likely being told they'd be happy to send a new hose,etc
for maybe $200 or so.

Thanks!

David

PS: Looking at it again, I have *no clue* as to how
to get (pull) the hose out of the sprayer so
as to be able to better shove (insert) it back in.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"David Combs" wrote in message

A few years ago my wife redid the kitchen ($$$!), and
for the sink got a faucet-apparatus from Newport Brass
(like $700!).

My question: how to fix the (damn) thing?

I thought I'd ask here before calling Newport Brass and
likely being told they'd be happy to send a new hose,etc
for maybe $200 or so.

Just to replace the hose? On every other brand I've ever worked on, there
is a connection at the bottom of the faucet, under the sink. You just
unscrew it and put the new one in place. It pulls out through the hole.
Replacements are available at any home store of plumbing supply. The spray
portion just unscrews also.

If you have some sort of fancy brass thing that went bad, you may have to
buy a new head from the manufacturer and pay big bucks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

[...]

Does the sprayer unscrew from the hose? Check the washers?
Posted to alt.home.repair
lindy

It's been my experience that a faucet as expensive as that is usually
guaranteed for life, you might check with the manufacturer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
lindy wrote:
It's been my experience that a faucet as expensive as that is usually
guaranteed for life, you might check with the manufacturer.

Thanks all!

Will call them.