Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default kitchen sink faucet spray-hose leaks on entering sprayer

David Combs wrote:

A few years ago my wife redid the kitchen ($$$!), and
for the sink got a faucet-apparatus from Newport Brass
(like $700!).

Anyway, I suppose it's from pulling the sprayer+hose apparatus
out of the hole (down to space under the sink with pipes, etc),
over and over and over, the connection between the hose
and the sprayer (where the hose goes into the hand-sprayer
device) has recently, all of a sudden, started leaking.

Well, not just leaking, but spraying out backwards out
in a "cone" shape around the hose.

My question: how to fix the (damn) thing?

I thought I'd ask here before calling Newport Brass and
likely being told they'd be happy to send a new hose,etc
for maybe $200 or so.

Thanks!

David

PS: Looking at it again, I have *no clue* as to how
to get (pull) the hose out of the sprayer so
as to be able to better shove (insert) it back in.

Does the sprayer unscrew from the hose? Check the washers?