Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default kitchen sink faucet spray-hose leaks on entering sprayer

"David Combs" wrote in message

A few years ago my wife redid the kitchen ($$$!), and
for the sink got a faucet-apparatus from Newport Brass
(like $700!).

My question: how to fix the (damn) thing?

I thought I'd ask here before calling Newport Brass and
likely being told they'd be happy to send a new hose,etc
for maybe $200 or so.

Just to replace the hose? On every other brand I've ever worked on, there
is a connection at the bottom of the faucet, under the sink. You just
unscrew it and put the new one in place. It pulls out through the hole.
Replacements are available at any home store of plumbing supply. The spray
portion just unscrews also.

If you have some sort of fancy brass thing that went bad, you may have to
buy a new head from the manufacturer and pay big bucks.