Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

blu4899

Default Foul odor from kitchen sink spray hose

Hi,

whenever I use my kitchen sink spray hose, a foul odor similar to
rotten eggs comes out. This is not the case for the faucet that shares
the water line with the hose. The faucet and hose are both just 3
years old and good quality Kohler. I tried removing the spray head and
putting Chlorox into the hose, but no luck so far. We only use the
hose occasionally, every 2-3 days.
Any idea where this could come from and how to fix it?

Thanks,
blu
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
blu4899 wrote:

whenever I use my kitchen sink spray hose, a foul odor similar to
rotten eggs comes out. This is not the case for the faucet that shares
the water line with the hose. The faucet and hose are both just 3
years old and good quality Kohler. I tried removing the spray head and
putting Chlorox into the hose, but no luck so far. We only use the
hose occasionally, every 2-3 days.
Any idea where this could come from and how to fix it?

What I would suggest is to uncouple the hose where it goes into the
bottom of the fixture. Remove and discard the hose and spray head and
replace with a new one.

While the hose is off, hold a bucket under the fixture and turn both hot
and cold on for a few seconds each to make sure that part of the
plumbing is clear.

If this fails, replace the diverter valve. See fixture instructions.
There may be something rotten caught in it.

--
Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507

(Slightly) unusual kitchen sink "geometry" needed Clive Long,UK UK diy 7 December 5th 03 10:44 AM
help finding kitchen sink ?! Neil Catley UK diy 7 November 2nd 03 12:19 PM
kitchen sink sizes Neil Catley UK diy 2 November 2nd 03 12:55 AM
Portable washer and kitchen sink Steve Wechsler Home Ownership 0 July 2nd 03 01:47 PM