Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Steve Wechsler

Default Portable washer and kitchen sink

I rent out an upstairs apartment in our home to a tenant. We provide
them with a portable clothes washer, which connects to the kitchen
sink with a snap connector. So far, no problem. Unfortunately, the
male part of the snap connector (the part at the end of the faucet)
has no aerator, which causes the water to splash all over the sink and
countertop when it's being used normally (i.e. without the washing
machine). The plumbing guy at my local Home Depot (where I bought the
male snap connector; the one that came with the machine's been
misplaced) says that's the way these are installed, and we'll just
have to deal with it (the aerator that came with the faucet is too
large, and HD doesn't carry anything small enough to fit inside the
snap connector). Hogwash, I say, I know I've seen installations with
these things where the water didn't splash all over the place. Any
ideas? Should I just head over to a plumbing supply store?

Thanks,

Steve