Clive Long,UK

Default (Slightly) unusual kitchen sink "geometry" needed

Due to a B*lls up on my part, my wondrous new kitchen double-glazing
only partly opens because my mixer tap impedes it. The sink is a
conventional stell single bowl, single drainer with "mono-blok" tap (I
don't know what it is really called). Now I'm happy enough with the
tap and sink, but I know that window non-opening is going to drive me
nuts.

So ..... bright idea.

I need to replace the worksurface, and stainles steel sinks are not
too expensive. Does anyone know of a sink model where the tap fitting
is in the "corner" of the sink bowl rather than "between" the bowl and
drainer. In this way I can get the pipe out of the way of the window
opening (well pretty much). Unfortunately the mono-bloc tap will have
to go as one of the tap heads will be in the wrong place to easily
use. So I would replace trusty "mono-bloc" tap with one of these
ponsey all-in-one heat/flow controller lever operated taps. Is there
any "pre-formed" sink remotely like this?

The only other solution I thought of is a corion work surface with
"under-sinks" and the taps "recessed" into the worksurface - but that
would look too "now" for my rather "then" kitchen.

Other bright ideas or warnings?

Thanks

Clive
Andy Hall

On 24 Nov 2003 14:21:19 -0800, (Clive Long,UK)
wrote:

[...]

Have a look at Franke -
www.franke.co.uk

They have a wide range of sinks and taps in a range of prices.

The only other solution I thought of is a corion work surface with
"under-sinks" and the taps "recessed" into the worksurface - but that
would look too "now" for my rather "then" kitchen.

You don't want Corian unless you plan to turn your kitchen into a fast
food outlet.

Other bright ideas or warnings?

Thanks

Clive

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
kitchenman

If there is enough space at the corner of the existing sink why not fit the
new ponsey tap there, all you need is a 35mm hole. Ikea sell the punch for
about £10.

Then buy a blank to cover the old 35mm hole.

Total cost less than a new sink & all the work involved.

--
regards
Dave Batter
"Clive Long,UK" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Clive Long,UK

Franke looks like they manufacture a couple of models very close to
what I am looking for. The ARX-621 and 661, if you are interested.
Only thing is, the guy in North London who supplies sounds very
suspicious on the phone .....
Gin Smith

"kitchenman" wrote in message ...
[...]

IIRC both MFI and John Lewis supply Franke sinks

Clive Long,UK

Finally

I bought the Franke ARX- 661 from my trusty plumber's merchant,
Empress Supplies, Finchley. They will get anything plumbing related if
it is possible to get. 4 days delivery for the sink. Now just have to
fix it .....
Michael Mcneil

Why not have the windows opening out like most other people do?

Clive Long,UK

Why not have the windows opening out like most other people do?

Because if you live in a flat several floors up, it makes them harder to clean

Choosing location for kitchen appliances Mark Webb UK diy 42 November 11th 03 04:08 PM
help finding kitchen sink ?! Neil Catley UK diy 7 November 2nd 03 01:19 PM
kitchen sink sizes Neil Catley UK diy 2 November 2nd 03 01:55 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 05:16 AM
Kitchen sink wastes Alex UK diy 1 August 23rd 03 01:20 AM