Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of wood glue to use outdoors?

I have a wooden lawn ornament that is used outdoors and gets rained on.
It is cracked and need to be glued and clamped. I know that the common
"white wood glue" is not waterproof. I suppose epoxy is one option, but
is there any other glue (made for wood), that will work outdoors, and
hold up when it gets wet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have a wooden lawn ornament that is used outdoors and gets rained on.
It is cracked and need to be glued and clamped. I know that the common
"white wood glue" is not waterproof. I suppose epoxy is one option, but
is there any other glue (made for wood), that will work outdoors, and
hold up when it gets wet?

Resorcinol. Weldwood urea/formaldehyde. Titebond3. Titebond2 isn't
waterproof but will stand up to considerable soaking. BTW, epoxy needs to
be painted, UV decomposes it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dadiOH wrote:
wrote in message
I have a wooden lawn ornament that is used outdoors and gets rained
on. It is cracked and need to be glued and clamped. I know that the
common "white wood glue" is not waterproof. I suppose epoxy is one
option, but is there any other glue (made for wood), that will work
outdoors, and hold up when it gets wet?

Resorcinol. Weldwood urea/formaldehyde. Titebond3. Titebond2 isn't
waterproof but will stand up to considerable soaking. BTW, epoxy
needs to be painted, UV decomposes it.

I likr TB3 ... I use it to assemble bee hive boxes and frames .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 19:35:01 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

dadiOH wrote:
wrote in message
I have a wooden lawn ornament that is used outdoors and gets rained
on. It is cracked and need to be glued and clamped. I know that the
common "white wood glue" is not waterproof. I suppose epoxy is one
option, but is there any other glue (made for wood), that will work
outdoors, and hold up when it gets wet?

Resorcinol. Weldwood urea/formaldehyde. Titebond3. Titebond2 isn't
waterproof but will stand up to considerable soaking. BTW, epoxy
needs to be painted, UV decomposes it.

I likr TB3 ... I use it to assemble bee hive boxes and frames .

When Trump is in office, he'll make the bees assemble them themselves.