Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of glue for car weather stripping?

My niece has a Ford Escape. Her rear door has a rubber trim piece
around the door opening. What is the best kind of glue to use to put
this back on? It doesn't look like it has ever had any on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 10/16/2007 7:12 PM Terry said the following:
My niece has a Ford Escape. Her rear door has a rubber trim piece
around the door opening. What is the best kind of glue to use to put
this back on? It doesn't look like it has ever had any on it.

Weatherstrip glue. Available at any auto parts store.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:12:19 -0400, Terry
wrote:

My niece has a Ford Escape. Her rear door has a rubber trim piece
around the door opening. What is the best kind of glue to use to put
this back on? It doesn't look like it has ever had any on it.

3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive, product number 08008. Commonly known
as "Ol' Yeller"

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----
Posted to alt.home.repair

What ANDY said....

it also comes in black.

we called it yellow death.

"Terry" wrote in message
My niece has a Ford Escape. Her rear door has a rubber trim piece
around the door opening. What is the best kind of glue to use to put
this back on? It doesn't look like it has ever had any on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

3M it is. Thanks everyone

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:32:11 -0500, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:

What ANDY said....

it also comes in black.

we called it yellow death.